Chapter 9

Numb
That's what I felt
Nothing could take that feeling away from me.
No one could make me feel worth something anymore.

I laid on my bed. Its 2 am.

Everything feels so useless right now.
Nothing  but Silence engulfs me.   Darkness surrounds me. I couldn't go back to sleep not now. I missed my mom.

I remembered the time when we both lived in the streets before my step dad took us in.  It was difficult. I was only five.

But I remember her. I remember her zestful smile.
Her delicate Hazel eyes would adored the skies tossing in the bin. Everyday it was just us waiting by the corner for someone to take pity on us and help us. But the world passed along. It was just me and her.

I sat up; my toes brushing over cold tiled floor that layed beneath me. Shivers passed my whole body as I made my way towards the door. I opened it and magically it didn't make a noise.

Happiness surged through me. I have always wanted this door.I closed it and opened it. I did this for a few moments before I was satisfied.

I sat; my head towards the door. For the first time in my life I didn't felt afraid. Actually I felt nothing. It was calming. I fell into a dreamless slumber soon after I closed my eyes.

                      *************

My body was shaking. Like I wasnt doing anything .

My gosh.

Earthquake.

That  was the first thought that popped up in my mind when I opened my eyes.

I didn't even realise that I had slept on the floor facing the door.
Someone was trying to open the door

I cautiously opened the door and was greeted with the  smiling face of Matteo

"Good morning bambina "Matteo said to me as he hugged me.

"Good morning. What are you doing here? "I mumbled

"Everyone is waiting for you for breakfast. Come down now" Matteo said smiling

Colour left my face as I heard it . I can't believe it. I didn't make breakfast

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Matteo not noticing that I was shit scared took my hand and guided me to the dining room.

Everyone looked up as we came in.

Leo opened his mouth to say something but I cut him with me Stammering

"I-i am s-sorry. I o-overslept. I will m-make the b-breakfast. Please don't p-p-pun-nish m-me. "

"Punish you? No one will punish you baby girl. Where did you get that ridiculous  idea from. It's alright you were only five minutes late" Lucas said

I sighed a breath of relief. I was glad and surprised that my tardiness was not punished this time.

I sat on my seat . And looked over at the delicious things on the table. I waited for the instructions given to me for starting to eat my food. I saw everyone around me taking a bite of their food.

The mouth watering scent flowing around the room urged me to finish everything on the table but I controlled myself not wanting to get in trouble.

"Why aren't you eating? "Leo asked me

My breath hitched as I tried forming a reply.

"I w-was waiting for y-you to t-tell me to e-e-eat"

"Why? Because you are a little baby who needs  spoon feeding? "Armani said in a squeaky voice which made Damon and Liam chuckle.

Matteo's and Aldo's face lit up on that.

"Yes bambina I will feed you. Come here" Aldo said smiling . His eyes so wide that I am surprised that they didn't popped out of their sockets.

"Oh sure then you can put her into her crib and sing her a lullaby so she can sleep " Liam chimed in which again made the three musketeers laugh

"No I will feed my baby. I am her favourite. " Matteo said ignoring them

"I am her favorite" Aldo said in a obvious tone

"Are not "Matteo exclaimed

"Are too"

"Are not"

"Are too"

"Shut up both of you. Why don't you ask the baby right here that which bwother is her favorite" Damon said in a horribly sweet voice.

"Bambina tell him that you like me more" Aldo and Matteo said together.

I wondered how these two aren't twins .

"Enough everyone. Heaven finish your breakfast. And you three meet me at my office right after eating" Leo intervened pointing at the three devils.

A series of groans were heard.

I started with my food. I cherished every bite of it.

Everyone was talking among themselves when Leo turned to me.

"We know that you just came here and it might be difficult for you to adjust so we called your step brothers to come and stay for a while. They will be arriving tomorrow"he said

I dropped the spoon which I was holding on the floor with a loud clang.

I know it's been a long time since I published a chapter.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Did you like the ending of the chapter??

Please tell if you want any chapter in somebody else's POV

Thanks for reading 📖📖❤❤📖📖