Chapter 14

CINDYS POV

I watched as Darlas puppies fought to get a sip of her milk, she had eight healthy pups. Im sure she had to exhausted, she was in labour for two hours.

"Are you to go?" Harris came back to the garage with Ms. Darwin in tow.

"Mhm" I got up and dusted the back of my pants. It was after two in the morning when we arrived back to the beach house. As soon as I stepped foot into the house, I took a long hot shower and got dressed for bed.

As I walked out of the bathroom I noticed Harris was making a bed on the floor. Curious as to why he was doing that, when we've already slept together in bed.

"You know you don't need to do that right?" I waved my hand at him signalling to stop.

"Its alright, I want you to be comfortable" I went silent after what he said. I climbed into the soft bed and sighed, my tense body relaxed slowly as I sunk into the mattress.

Harris turned the lamp light off, leaving the moonlight to be the only light shining in the room as it seeped through the cracks in the curtains.

The room was quiet and filled with stilled silence. It was so quiet that I had thought Harris had went to sleep.

I turned to my side, sleep unable to find me. Finally I got tired of rolling around. "I would be more comfortable if you were beside me."

My words hung in the air. There was no answer nor movement. My heart sunk, did I sound too clingy?

"Are you sure?" Came his reply from below.

"Yes" I let out quietly, pulling away the covers so that he could climb inside. The rain had made the room quite cold.

But as soon as he laid down beside me, felt inside warmth. Inside of my heart and my body.

The moonlight shined on his face, making his emerald green eyes look black as he stared at me.

Reaching out slowly, he tucked a piece of stray hair behind my ears

"You hair is really beautiful"

"Thank you"

His gaze shifted from my hair to my eyes. "Your eyes are too" his fingertips lightly touched my eyelash.

"And so is you're nose" Harris tapped my nose, I gave him a smile in response.  His eyes wandered down to my lips.

Harris' hand that was caressing my cheek stilled its movements. My smile slowly disappeared as I urged for him to kiss me. Moving my head closer towards his.

The deepest part of my mind screamed at him to place his lips on mine.

His lips were placed on me, but instead of it being my lips. They went elsewhere.

My forehead.

Harris grabbed ahold of my hand and gave it a gentle kiss. "Goodnight, beautiful"

He lied on his back, pulling me closer at his side. I rested him head on his chest, he started to run his hand through my hair, whilst the other hand was in mine on his stomach.

I tried not to let my disappointment get the best of me as I fell asleep. He was patient. So why cant I do the same?

The sunlight shined on my eyes and I could hear the birds chirping. It was morning already?

It only felt like I had fell asleep an hour ago. A hand tighten over my waist as I tried to move out of the bed.

"Harris" I called out.

No answer.

"Harris!" Still no answer.

I turned my body around so that I was facing him. I placed a round of kisses all over his face so that he could wake up.

I could feel him crack a smile under my lips.

"If I get to wake up to this every morning, I'll get too used to it"

I pushed his shoulder. 

The smell of bacon wafted to my nose, I made my way from the bathroom to the kitchen where Harris resided.

He stood over the stove his strong back facing me. He had music playing and was dancing to it.

"Ohh, get it I guess." I laughed at his terrible dance moves.

He turned around and gave me a small smile.

"Dancing was never one of my strongest suits" he tried to justify himself, bringing over a plate of pancakes and bacon to me.

"I can clearly see that Mr. Wayne" I pushed a piece of bacon in his mouth. And grabbed a hold of his wrist, showing him how to move.

"Yea..yea! Just like that" I threw my head back in laughter when he started to do 'the woah'.

A few moments later a burning smell filled the kitchen.

"What's that smell?" I asked, my eyes looking over to the stove.

"My pancakes!" Harris exclaimed.

Harris had almost burned down the kitchen and didnt actually get to make himself anything to eat. So we shared the delicious breakfast he made me.

Even though I ate a third of it, he still managed to convince me that he was full.

"C'mon get dressed, let's go somewhere"

"Where?" I asked curiously.

"Out. Now go get ready. Dress casual" He gave my butt a light tap and sent me on my way.

"I'm going!" Running to the bedroom to get dressed.

A/N: it's been awhile guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter stay tuned for more.