Chapter 11

CINDYS POV

I drank my coffee, trying to keep my eyes open to pay attention to my professor. It seemed like my ears planned on shutting her put too.

Sleep was about to swallow me whole, when I heard her clap loudly,"Alright, I'll see everyone on Friday. Ms.Anderson stay behind."

The rest of my classmates headed out of the class, until only her and I were left.

"I know you've missed a few weeks of classes, so I'll be giving you some work" she said pushing her glasses up on her face.

"B-but I took night classes" I told her.

"They weren't with me" She replied and turned her back. I mocked her and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever" I walked out of the classroom, and entered the deserted hallway.

Or so I thought.

"Is this because of her?" I hear a female voice/exclaim.

"No, this is because I'm tired of your manipulative shit, Rebecca!"

Oh, so this was Rebecca and Joshua arguing. Was he breaking up with her?

I had decided that it wasn't my business, so I walked to the exit.

"Joshua, you know she can't love you like I do. Cindere isn't like me, she isn't me" I made 360, when I heard her call my name.

"You're right she isn't like you, but this still has nothing to do with her and you know it." I watched as he put his head down.

"So what is it, what wrong?" Rebecca asked dumbly.

He just said you're a manipulative bitch, keep up.

"Anybody but you"

When he said those words, a loud slapping sound came after. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets as I watched Rebecca slap Joshua, and what was even notes shocking was he started to cry after.

"Fuck you!" She gritted out and walked away. Her heels fading in the distance. Joshua was left crying in the hall.

I didn't know if she'd hit him that hard or he was just sensitive. My heart wept for him, I didn't want to get caught up with him so I quietly tried to sneak out to the exit.

"Cindere!"

And I failed miserably.

I turned around slowly,"Hey there, bud." Joshua tried to wipe the tears off his face but I already saw them and a small hand print on the side of his face.

"You saw that?" He asked, sniffling.

"Me?-" I chuckled nervously. "-Nope. Nothing"

"You did." His shoulders sagged. I felt extremely bad for him.

"Hey, do you think we could go somewhere?"

Not that bad.

"I-" I was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I raised a finger to him, signalling for him to be quiet and give me a second.

"Hey beautiful" Harris deep voice came through the speaker smoothly.

"Hey"

"I was wondering if you wanted to have our first date tonight?"

"Oh um-" I paused and looked at the red faced Joshua, who was giving me puppy dog eyes.

"I can't, Harris. Raincheck?" I asked him, feeling terrible to have to tell him no. I could hear the disappoinment leak from his voice.

"Oh, alright."

"I'll talk to you later" I blew him kisses and hang up the phone before he could say anything else.

"Let's go get some ice cream" I told Joshua shoving my phone back into my pocket. His face immediately brightened up. We left to campus and made our way to the ice cream shop.

Having no idea that we both were being watched.

*   *     *      *    *     *

"Wait, so you're telling me you had an arranged marriage with Rebecca?" I snorted, pulling my spoon out of my mouth.

"Yea" he sighed.

"That is so medieval times, what the hell?"

"My dad is really old fashioned, he doesn't really take well with our new generation."

"Old fashion my ass, how could you not be given a chance to love someone who you want to love. That's cruel." I ranted, shoveling more ice cream into my mouth.

"You sound so passionate about my problems." Joshua smiled.

"I think they splashed bourbon in my ice cream, im not usually this vocal" I laughed shyly.

"I like it" He put his hand over mines and smiled at me. A small blush scattered across my face, it was an awkward blush.

"Shut it's already six, I got to head home" i rose up from my seat.

"Sure let's go"

We split the bill and then left the key cream shop.

We arrived to the apartment, I was about to close the door and lock it but Joshua stopped me. "D-do you think I could spend the night, I don't want to face my dad so soon."

I mean you're gonna have to eventually bud.

"Joshua, I don't think that's appropriate" I was about to close the door again until he stopped me.

"Please!" He pleaded.

"Alright, but you have to sleep on the couch" I let him inside and locked the door. I brought him a blanket and a pillow. After making sure he was comfortable, i went to my room and started on the work my professor gave me.

About two hours later, I was done. When I was putting my things up I heard two loud screams.

"AHH!" I rushed out of my room as soon as I heard Reis voice. Reaching out, I turned on the lights.

Rei was on top of Joshua, repeatedly hitting him with her eyes shut tightly.

"Rei!. Rei, open your eyes" Her screams ceased and her arms froze midair.

"Oh it's Joshua!?" Her pupils disappeared as she squinted at him, she gave him on last hit and moved away.

"Sorry my hand slipped"

"No it didn't" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Okay it didn't, but what the fuck is he doing here?"

I pursed my lips and stared at her blankly, I truly had no words to answer her question.

"When you get up in the morning, we are going to have a long talk" she put emphasis on long.

Guess who wasnt getting up in the morning?

You guessed right.....this girl.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. Please comment, vote and share. It's greatly appreciated.

NAE OUT~