Chapter 13

CINDYS POV

Many hours later. The sun had retired and the moon took its shift, letting dark clouds and the stars take over the sky. The night sky was a beautiful sight to see.

I picked up my phone that was hooked up to the car charger. "Do you have an aux I could borrow?" I was tired of the silent car ride.

"Yeah, it's the compartment." I looked for it and found the cord, and I also saw a picture of Harris and his grandmother, Cheryl.

It made me happy, because I knew how much she loved and cared for him. I connected my phone to the aux and let my playlist play. Looking at the time before resting my phone down, I saw it was after 7.

It wasn't long before Harris stopped and parked the car.

"The beach?" I asked, dumbfounded.

Disappointment washed over my body, it came like a tidal wave and I tried my best not to let it show on my face.

"I know it seems silly, but c'mon" Harris took ahold of my wrist and pulled me closer to the waves.

We walked for a few minutes before reaching a part of the water that looked to be glowing.

"Woah.." My disappointment faded away as I took in the sight. I step closer, fascinated by the scene.

The water was a blue greenish color, it looked like the blue ran deep down the shore.

"What is it?" I asked, turning around to look at him for a split second before facing back to the water.

"It's called bioluminescence, it's a light emitted by organisms when they release energy, you can only see it in the wall months of the year." He explained, looking at me warmly.

"It's beautiful Harris, thank you for bringing me" I couldn't wait to tell her about it when I reach back home.

The sight was exceptionally breathtaking, the light reflected from the water to my face. The sound of the waves crashing calmed me.

"I'll be back, let me get something from the car" Harris disappeared and came back with a bottle of wine and two wine glasses.

Thanking him as he poured my drink. We drank in silence but when we locked eyes, so much words were exchanged.

I turned away from him but I could still feel his eyes on me.

"Why do you watch me so much, it makes me so nervous" I laughed.

I could hear him chuckle, but he gave me no response. I only heard a shutter clicked, and I turned to see that he had a camera in his hand.

"Harris!" He smirked, and raised his eyebrows.

"Come, let's take a one together" we ended up taking so more many photos than just one. Time flew by as we relax on the beach and finish the whole bottle of wine.

I buried my feet in the sand, my attention was solely on my feet until I fell Harris' hand touch mine and I looked to him immediately.

He lean close to me, and I did the same period we were about to kiss when a droplet of water hit my nose and I looked up.

Harris' lips had met with my chin since I looked up and that made me look back down at him and giggle.

"Im sorry but I thought I felt a raindr-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as the rain poured down on our heads.

Harris covered the camera with his jacket and grabbed my shoes, I grabbed the wine glasses and we ran to the car.

My clothes stick to my body and soul was Harris's own when he took off his jacket, he had on a white v-neck shirt so I inverted my gaze.

He started the car and we drove away, the rain pattern against the car made me think about the fact that me and him were about to have our first kiss.

Pulling up to a wooden beach house, we both got out of the car and headed inside. "This was my grandparents beach house, I spent most of my summers here growing up"

The beach house was small, it didn't fail to give off a cosy and homely vibe. Harris took off his shoes and I followed. He then led me to a bedroom, that had a bathroom connected.

The room was spacious, a large bed was in the middle of the room. Two nightstands were on both sides of the bed. Dark brown curtains covered the windows but they were thin, and the let the cool air through that the rain provided.

A large cabinet was at the far end of the room, Harris went in there and pulled out a towel. Then proceeded to lead me to the bathroom.

He dried my short damp hair with the towel, even though I was fully capable of doing it myself. I let him take care of me.

"This actually feels nice" I said, feeling slightly drowsy"

A ringing sound soon came from the room, it was a phone.

"Hold that thought" his large hands left my head and he went into the bedroom to answer his phone. Giving Harris his privacy I tuned him out as fast as I could. I took a look at myself in the mirror, my ash gray hair was matted under the towel.

I wash my face, and ride it with the tower the house gave me for my head. I raked my hands into my hair and pulled it up into a ponytail.

Harris popped into the bathroom, "Hey, one of my clients are having an pet emergency. Ill be back as soon as possible"

"I'll go with you!" I shot out at him. He raised his eyebrows at looked at me.

"Are you sure, you could stay here and rest"

"It's alright. Did you forget that I want to be a vet?"

"It might take a whil-"

"Harris!" I cut him off. He pinned his mouth shut and nodded.

We changed into dry clothes and headed to the client's house, arriving there in no time, a lady was standing outside waiting for us. She looked to be in her late 30s.

"Im here, Ms.Darwin" Harris greeted her by shaking her hand.

"Thank Goodness, you're here Dr.Wayne. she's in the garage."

Miss Darren led us to the garage where a female Labrador retriever lay, her coat was a chocolate color, she was quite beautiful.

"Hello there Darla, how've you been? " Harris put on gloves and rubbed her coat. She let out of painful groan.

"Dr.Wayne, whose this?" Ms.Darwin asked referring to me. I looked back to the brunette haired woman.

"She's my assistant" was all Harris said before he turned back to Darla.

"I didn't get your name?" She looked at me, screwing up her face.

Because I didn't throw it, is what I wanted to say.

"It's Ms.Anderson" She was already so rude that I didn't feel the need to tell her my first name.

"I meant your first. Are you slow, is that why you're still an assistant?" Ms. Darwin folded her arms and rolled her eyes at me.

"Ma'am-"

"It looks like she's in labor, and ready to have the puppies. Ms. Darwin I need you to get a few things from in the house for me" he spoke.

"Well, alright." She said.

"Lets deliver some puppies" Harris said to me.

A/N: not much to say, i hoped you enjoyed that chapter.

Please share, comment and vote it's greatly appreciated.

Nae~