Chapter 6

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update. With the pandemic and everything that has been going on I couldn't find the time or energy to update but now that I have I hope you enjoy this chapter.

CINDY'S POV

When I woke up sometime after six in the morning, I saw the mess I had made.

I cleaned up my bathroom then continued on with the apartment. I then took a well needed bath.

After I was finished I made breakfast for Rei and I, having no energy to go out to get any.

"Rei breakfast!" I called for her, turning around I washed my hands and prepared Adam's breakfast.

"Adam!" I catcalled. He came running with speed.

How could a fat cat move so fast?

My back was turned so I didn't see Rei come into the room.

"Oh my, did Adam eat your hair?" She asked horrified. Adam purred grumpily, as if warning her not to pin this mess on him.

"No I did. I mean well, I cut it"

"More like chopped"

"What?"

"Nothing!"

"Is this about last night, you can't let people get into your hea-" Rei started towards me.

"Don't" I cut her off.

I sat down and started eating my breakfast. Picking up my phone I swear that Harris sent me a message.

It was a video of Cotton living the whip cream off of his frappe and him telling her to stop it and smile for the camera.

I sent a heart and a laughing emoji, she was just adorable. Her name fit her perfectly. She looked exactly like cotton candy, fluff n' all.

We continued to text, and after last night I saw Harris in a new light. He helped me last night and even stayed up with me.

H- "sorry beautiful, but work calls"
      "I'll ttyl ;)"

It's been all but five days since I've known him but I already feel close to him and it was a thrilling feeling.

Soon enough Rei left for her classes, leaving me and Adam home alone. Since I had already cleaned the apartment I decided to watch some t.v.

I was on the verge of sleeping when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, wiping my mouth from the loose dribble that escaped.

"Yes Cindy, this is Cheryl Wayne. I know it's your off day but I would really appreciate some help down at the cafe."

"Mrs. Wayne, no problem I'll be there in an hour."

I took a quick shower, putting my chopped hair in a low ponytail. Quickly putting on my work clothes, I headed out the door and to work.

It took me less than 20 mins to arrive,"I'm here, Mrs.Wayne" I greeted the older woman as soon as I stepped foot into the coffee shop.

"Hello dear, and its Cheryl" She gave me a sweet smile.

Cheryl Wayne was the owner of Spilt Beans, after her husband died she couldn't handle the cafe by herself. So eventually she got help, and that's how I ended up here.

Well that and the help sign that she had outside the window. And also to get paid but with her being such a sweet person, it was a bonus.

"Sorry, Mrs.Way- I mean Cheryl" I corrected, I got behind the cash register and got to work.