Chapter 7

CINDY'S POV

1 month later...

A month had passed since I had gotten to know Harris and let's just say it's been the best month of my life. I had been taking night classes instead of day classes to try and avoid Joshua but Harris told me not to let people get me down and I appreciated that. Since I needed to be fully rested for work, I think this was the best decision. 

Also because of my new found confidence and hair growth, I decided to go and stop being a Weiner. I ran a hand through my hair, getting up from my crossed-legged position. 

"I should fix this" I sighed to myself.

"Hey, Rei" I call out knocking on her door and then opening it.

Rei and her boyfriend, Charles the barista from my work were on her bed making out. I stared blankly at the couple, more than used to seeing them being affectionate. 

"Rei come on, playtimes over. My turn for your attention" I say playfully. She groaned and rolled her eyes. 

"Charles, I'll be right back" She planted a kiss on his lips and made her way to me, we both walked out of her room and to the living room. Rei had been dating Charles for about a month now, even though they were always 'snatched' up they were cute. 

'It made me think of my future with my special someone. 

"What's up, Dee?"

"Well, you know that tomorrow I officially start classes back up and I don't want to go to school looking like a mess-" I paused my explanation. 

"Go on" She urged. I planted my self on the couch.

"-so I was wondering if you could help me change it a little bit. I'm doing it to please nobody but myself.  I just want to express the confidence that Harris had helped me bring out."

As I finished my little speech Rei looked like she was on the verge of tears, she hugged me tightly.

"Of course, I'll help you Dee" 

* * * * * * *

"So what look are you going for?" We were still in the living room but Rei had gotten out her hair kit and her tools, she was a fashion woman but she knew her hair too. The blowdryer and combs were set on on the table. 

"I'm actually flabbergasted that you had a whole salon packed away under your bed," I told her playing with the treatments and dyes on the table. 

"Hairdressers are too expensive, besides who do you think dyes and styles my hair?"( A/N: Guys this is just an opinion because I still go to a hairdresser when I'm lazy and don't want to do my own hair)

We had pushed the furniture aside in a corner of the apartment so that we could have more space and also not get anything on the furniture. Meanwhile, Charles placed his fat rump in the sofa and fell asleep, we had to push him in the chair. Adam jumped up on him and nipped at his hands.

"Bad kitty, you don't know where his hands have been" I made shooing motions with my hands, Adam looked up at me and stuck his tail up in the air. He then jumped off of the sleeping man and wandered off into my room.

"He definitely doesn't want to know where" I scrunched up my face in utter disgust, Rei laughed. She walked in front of me, bent down and place her hand on my knee.

"So?" Rei asked, referring to her earlier question. I looked up at her and judging by her green hair and the way she styled it i think it looked good. But i couldn't say what hairstyle i wanted because at the moment i was rocking a shabby mullet and i wouldn't know what actually suited me.