Chapter 2

CINDY'S  POV

I smiled as I held Joshua's hand," I'm glad we're finally together" He told me.

"Do you mean that Joshua?" I asked.

Joshua's lip started moving, but no sound came out.

"What was that?" I inquired. I squinted my eyes to get a better view of what he was saying.

"Meow~" Joshua purred.

Since when did Joshua purr?

I then heard a loud shrieking sound, which made me leaped up out of my sleep.

"Good job, Adam" I heard Rei say to my pet cat, Adam.

"Ugh, Adam I was getting to the good part" I whined, rubbing my hand across his head.

In return he turned around and dragged his tail under my nose. Adam then hopped off of my lap and made his way out of my room.

I huffed and threw my bed covers off of  my body, pushing my feet inside off my bedroom slippers.

"What time is it, anyway?" I yawned, stretching my arms.

Rei sipped on her coffee,"its eleven fifteen"

"WHAT!" I looked at my alarm clock to see if she correct.

I raced into the bathroom,"Rei, why didn't you wake me up?"

"Oh I figured Joshua would've since you've been calling his name nonstop" she stated blankly, I could still see the ghostly smile on her lips.

I rolled my eyes at her and shut the bathroom door.

*        *         *          *         *          *

I ran up the stairs, I was already an hour late for my English Literature class, curse my stomach.

Mr. Romeen was going to have my head. I peeked into the class through the small window space that was apart of the door.

I saw rows filled with students, my stomach churned with nervousness.

Mr.Romeens was busy writing in the board with his back turned, I took that as a chance to get in.

Slipping through the side door, I looked for an available seat. There was only  one empty seat and it was by Joshua.

"Hey! Cindy over here" Joshua called out loud, making Mr.Romeen look back.

I wanted to facepalm myself so hard  way to go crush, what a way to go.

"Cindere, how nice of you to finally make an appearance" He looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Sorry for the late entrance, Mr.Romeen" I apologized. I sat down and pulled out my textbooks.

"I'll need to speak with you after class" He then turned and finished his writing on the board.

"I was trying to tell you that I saved  you a seat, sorry if I got you in trouble" Joshua explained, his blue eyes twinkled with innocence.

"Its okay" I assured him, tucking my hair behind my ear and smiling lightly.

Joshua turned back to the board, I took this chance to admire him.

His dark blonde hair was slicked back without a strand out of place. His white shirt was buttoned all the way up, except for the one button that he left open leaving just a little for my imagination. Joshua's khaki pants were pressed as always.

I bit my lip as I looked down.

"Ms. Anderson, I'm sure whatever Mr.Pierce has in his lap isn't more important than this lesson or is it?" Mr. Romeen snapped me out of my gazing.