Chapter 9

Jason's Pov

I enjoying the cool afternoon air as he walked down Auradon's central street.

I had been up for quite some time now, just roaming around, mapping out the town completely.

Only a few people were up at this hour, but that didn't in any way decrease the attention I was getting, which of course made me feel vulnerable.

"Morning lad, fine day to you. May your senses stay sharp and your blades sharper," A man I passed greeted as I nodded.

"Fine morning to you mister," A young boy said looking up to me and I nodded again.

I wasn't used to this kind of attention, let alone from children alone.

Everywhere I ever been, people frowned upon me , were scared of me and yelled at me, and tried killing me at times.

I has always torn down wanted posters and in severe cases, even bribed people.

It was hardly ever, that I was praised for killing the Templars.

Only by the Master Assassins and fellow brothers and sisters in the brotherhood has shown me this act of kindness presented to me.

I liked it for a change, but it still made me feel awkward and open, having no place to hide amongst the crowd anymore.

Shrugging it off, as I do with most bizarre feelings, I continued to my destination.

I was headed for the house of Kevin, a man whose sword I was returning.

Walking down the street, I eventually came upon a hill.

Continuing along, I walked to a group of houses atop the hill.

One of them had a green banner displaying a golden shield in the middle, hanging at the front of the house near the entrance.

Spotting my destination, I made my way to the doorstep.

Looking at the center of the door, I seen a ring for knocking.

I grabbed it, and smacked it three times against the door. A moment of silence followed... then the door opened revealing a medium sized man, with a scar across his face.

Curiosity plastered his face. Silence followed again until the man spoke up.

"Is it you... the man in the black robes... the... assassin?" The Man asked.

"Depends... are you Kevin?" I asked.

"Yes I am, and you?" The man revealed as Kevin answered

"I am Jason ... the man in black robes... as said by yourself in the letter. I am here in regards to your request in the letter, to return what is rightfully yours," I revealed.

I pulled Kevin's sword from my belt and flashed it around once, then laid it in his open hands, presenting it to Kevin as he smiled and took it from my hands.

"Thank you Jason. You don't know how much this sword is worth to me. If only my brother were here to see it safe again. And what of Joffery? Is the bastard dead?" Kevin asked as he darkened at the name Joffery.