Chapter 3

Mal's pov

After we arrived at Auradon Prep and shown to our droms I was walking around a flea market looking around for things to steal as was sing Rotten to the Core to myself.

I soon stole some things as I saw that a large crowd was gathering around as I went to see what all the commotion was about. 

I came up to look upon a crying woman on the ground with a big man standing above her, swearing her out and even slapping her.

I grew furious and I soon got my spellbook out I may be a Vk and I did stole a candy from a baby but their are certain lines I don't even cross and these were one of them.

Just before I was going to literally, "Mess this guy's day up", a black cloaked man burst through the crowd opposite from her and caught an attempted swing of the man and threw him back causing him to stumble and land on his butt.

I watched on as the man cursed the black cloaked man and recklessly threw a punch at him, but all in one swift motion that had literally happened in the blink of an eye, the black cloaked man had the other on his knees after two disturbing pop sounds.

Only moments after exchanging words, the black cloaked man punched the other square in the face knocking him out cold. But then something peculiar happened… the black cloaked man turned towards me and stared at me.

Even though I could only see his face from his nose down, I could feel his eyes on my own.

I didn't feel fear nor complete shock, just a feeling indescribable to me. 

Jason's Pov

I gazed at purple hair girl for a brief moment.

I couldn't tell if it was fear or shock in her eyes, but every passing second felt like hours, but my thoughts were soon interrupted by the shouting of guards.

I broke my gaze with her and snapped his attention to where he heard the rustling of boots clomping toward him. He seen roughly six guards break through the circle of civilians with hands on weapons.

For a second the guards looked from me to the unconscious man lying on the ground. The leader spoke up.

"Seize that man!" The guard barked to his men. The guards all drew their weapons, two holding crossbows while the other four, including the leader, had double edged swords.

By my own instinct I had long ago grabbed a smoke bomb from his pouch and held it in hand ready to be deployed.

Upon seeing the two men with crossbows raising their weapons to aim at him, I swung his arm up into the sky, then swung it back toward the earth releasing the smoke bomb letting it impact the ground and burst a flurry of thick, white smoke that engulfed an area of about 10 feet.

Mal's pov

I saw that the somke engulfed the area then once the smoke clear he was gone then someone told the guards what had happen and I then saw the man who was beating up the woman getting picked up and was being dragged to what I am guessing to the dungeons.

I soon head back to my dorm at Auradon Prep as I saw Evie getting unpack and I did the same.

"So how was the flea market?" Evie asked me.

"Eventful got some cool stuff." I answered.

"Great." Evie said with a smile on her face.