Chapter 7

Jason's pov

I was hiding from the guards in a blacksmith's wardrobe as I saw the trail of blood.

"Is that blood on the floor?" A guard asked looking between himself and the blacksmith.

"Shit ," I cursed in my head.

"Uhh, yes. I had cut myself by accident with one of my blades I had made, see." The blacksmith gestured by raising his right hand that was wrapped in cloth.

"I see... well, alert the guard at once if you are to see this man. The Prince would greatly appreciate it," the guard said turning on heals and walking toward the door.

"If I may ask, why does he want him?" The blacksmith asked.

"I don't know. All I can say is she wants no harm to come to him. But our Captain has told us he is a very dangerous man and not to be trusted." The guard answered.

I rolled his eyes at the last part. At that, the guards left the shop. As soon as the door closed, the blacksmith locked it, and I stumbled out from the wardrobe.

"That was a close one," I commented.

"No kidding, names Terry by the way," the blacksmith know known as Terry greeted offering his hand.

"Jason... but I must know. Why did you help me?" I asked accepting Terry's hand.

"Because you had saved my life... in a way," Terry answered.

"What? How?" I asked.

"Just the other day or so, you saved my wife from a thug and gave her money to buy me medicine for an illness I had, that if not treated soon, could have killed me." Terry answered again.

"I had been out of work ever since I got the illness, and have not earned money for my wife and children since then. After losing all our money, we thought we were going to be kicked onto the streets, but of course because of you... that did not happen." Terry finished.

"You need not to thank me, I was only doing what was right. That would also explain why I couldn't find your shop upon arriving," I said.

"For what you have done, my services are free to you. What do you need?" Terry offered.

"First... some tongs, a wet rag, then a hot knife, I need to get this arrowhead out of my shoulder." I said.

"Ok sure, but shouldn't we get a doctor?" Terry asked grabbing some tongs and getting a wet rag.

"Oh no, I've done this a hundred times." I replied. I then pulled my coat off then Terry handed him the tongs and he used them to pinch the arrow head and pull it out from his shoulder.

Next I took the wet rag and ensured his injury was clean to prevent infection. Terry pulled a hot knife from the forge and handed it to me.

Biting the rag, I cauterized my injury to stop the bleeding.

After cringing to the burning of his flesh, I handed the knife back to Terry, then put the wet rag over the burn to cool it.

Mal's Pov

I was walking to my dorm deep in thought, as I was holding the Assassin's tomahawk.

Looking at the weapon in her hands, I stroked it with my fingers down the side of the tomahawk, feeling the letters embedded on its side reading "La'shai sahih bel kullu shai'n mumkin."