Chapter 6

Mal's Pov.

"Mal!" Evie yelled as I swung around to see a dagger hanging right above me.

I gasped and stumbled backwards looking to see two men… one holding the dagger wearing black clothes, and one… it was him! The mysterious man in black robes… a savior I landed on my rear, half because of shock, the other half because of my stumbling.

As she scooted backwards toward the wall, I seen this man in black robes kill the attacker then briefly look at me and the crowd.

"ASSASSIN, KILL HIM!" I heard a voice call out from within the crowd.

Suddenly four men bursted from the crowd, two of them heading for me.

I was about to cast a spell from my spellbook at the men closing in on me but then two knives flew past embedding themselves within each of the two men's necks, and then they fell dead.

I looked at the man in black robes now known as an Assassin who rolled in front of me, putting himself between her and the men trying to kill me.

I watched him as he easily took four more men down, but was cut by a fifth, however he counter attacked, broke the man's leg, and killed him.

The sixth man dropped all his weapons and begged for mercy too which… the Assassin complied by knocking him out.

Briefly, everything went into slow motion.

The Assassin looked at the crowd, then he looked at me.

I got that weird feeling of both shock and something else after witnessing what this man had just done, saved me in other words. Suddenly the main doors busted open.

I turned and looked in that direction to see the royal guard standing in the doorframe. The leader howled an order.

"KILL THAT MAN!" Instantly arrows flew at him. The first arrow hit him hard in his left shoulder knocking him over with the other arrows barley missing him.

He grunted upon hitting the ground and grimaced in pain from the arrow that drowned out all the sounds around him.

All he heard was muffled yelling… and all he saw…

His own blood stained on his own cloak…

Flashback…

All I remember was smelling burning buildings and death.

I saw my mom caring me as my dad was shooting at the men destroying our village as we head to a basement of a store.

All I seen was death and destruction as I saw one of the men point at gun at me after he killed my mother.

I just waited for my death to come as then a man in white kill the man as he then extended his hand out as I took it.

No One's Pov

Jason snapped back into reality. Feeling a little strength back in my arms, He heaved himself up from the ground, every inch bringing a jolt of searing pain.

With his feet under him and hunched over, Jason brought his head up to look for an escape route.

Instantly his  eyes fell upon a window not but five feet away.