christmas baking [ned]

With one too many murders, the day was finally over, and with it being Christmas Eve, you had to pick Ned up.

Meanwhile, you wandered to The Pie Hole where Ned was Christmas baking. Gingerbread, Christmas cake, stollen- you name it- he was baking it. Some would observe this as stress baking, yet you knew that Christmas had come around quickly, and Ned wanted to prepare as many goods as he could.

The door clinked and he immediately broke a smile, looking up and tilting his head, just waiting for you to pop around the doorway. You did exactly that and he crooned a grin.

Overpowering, the smell of confectionaries was suffocating. 'You've been busy, haven't you mister?'

'Well...' Ned began, trying to excuse the mountainous pile of dishes & similarly larger piles of cake, eclaires and other treats.

You whipped some cream onto your finger. 'Jesus Ned! This is delicious!'

His cheeks went rosy red, just like a little elf.

With your hands parted on the counter, your bag nearly slipped off your shoulders & into the food. He rushed quickly to protect it and you giggled nervously.

'Are you ready to close up?'

'Just about.' Ned spoke quickly, as though he had somewhere to be. He picked up the apple tart that was for the both of you and began to shut off the lights.

His grey and black striped scarf was handed to him by yourself, and as he buttoned up his coat, the snow began to fall.

'White Christmas. Huh.' You affirmed, showing him the white ground outside.

'It's pretty, don't you think?'

'Of course. C'mon then you.' You glanced to him & then took the tart from the table. It was extremely cold, and your little fingers ached, but you loved it all the same.

Daring, Ned threw a snowball at you as you walked home. 'Ned!' You yelled into the street, voice softly echoing off the houses.

He laughed and went to put his arm around you- which would've been a disaster. Passing by, you saw a lit up Christmas tree and paused to admire it. Ned, however, did not notice that you'd stopped, and was halted when your lost presence pulled him back.

'Look at that one- wow!' You exclaimed, without realising his eyes were solely upon you.

'It's beautiful.' He whispered.

Your icy eyes darted to him. Smiling, all you wanted to do was kiss him...but without the cling film.

'Merry Christmas, Jolie.'

'Merry Christmas, Ned.'