i want to write you a song [lee]

a/n: i would recommend listening to i want to write you a song – one direction while reading- adds to the vibe;)

Humming over the wooden floorboards, the vacuum whirred loudly, yet not loud enough to drown out the music bursting through the apartment. To distract yourself from the quietness when Lee was away, you often found yourself cleaning to forget that he was gone.

You seemed to find yourself mainly alone, but it didn't bother you; whenever Lee should return, the furniture would be revamped, the apartment spotless or a newly arranged room waiting for his arrival. Previously, his face had been in complete awe of a feature wall you'd painted in the study.

'Oh...my god!' he bellowed, so undeniably proud of your talent.

'So you like it then? Do you know what it's from?' you grinned, twisting your ring finger in one hand.

'Honey, I can't say I do- am I going to get in trouble for that?' he mistook, legs ready to pounce into another room- escaping your annoyance.

'I took a picture,' you headed to him, 'On the night we met. The sky was so beautiful and well, I wanted to have it somewhere we'd remember forever. Or, until we move somewhere else' you beamed, the blush of your cheeks radiating onto his face. Turning a blind eye to your husband, and completely unaware to you, he tenderly locked his eyes to mapping your face, noting the proudness, beauty and brilliance of your pale tone. Feeling a hand grip your waist, you turned to him- your small, button nose brushing against his straight one. Icy-blue versus fawny-hazel pupils were entranced. His gaze was breathtaking; tugging you in, the touch of his lips upon yours could still be felt as you polished the coffee table before the couch.

Playing, you turned the music down so you could hear yourself sing- being a woman of many talents- you'd wanted to practice so you didn't embarrass yourself in front of Lee. A song came on that made your emotions rush & spill over the seams. Not bad, but not good. Lee had told you to listen to it whenever you missed him, and at that moment, you did so very much.

I want to write you a song

One as beautiful as you are sweet

With just a hint of pain

For the feeling that I get when you are gone...

'I want to write you a song' you carried the tune, smiling profoundly as you cleaned. Kept inside the back pocket of your jeans, now buzzing, your phone lit up.

'Filming is taking forever today! Hopefully, it's nearly done.'

Read the first message.

'I miss you.'

Read the second.

'I want to lend you my coat, one that's as soft as your cheek. So when the world is cold, you'll have a hiding place you can go...' you sang, trailing off to run to the wardrobe and steal one of Lee's hoodies. It drowned you. You adored it.

Replying to Lee's longing messages, the music coursed in your veins, arteries & anything within you and a warmth crept over you. His presence seemed so near, yet so far all at once.

Now dusting a second table, your singing soothed the oak of the home, calming the ambience and gushing throughout every room; glancing to the earth below from your penthouse apartment, the upstate streets were preoccupied with commuters, businessmen and shoppers. Squinting, a cab pulled away from the curb. Shrugging to yourself, the rhythm re-entered your soul.

'I want to write you a song, one to make your heart remember me, so any time I'm gone, you can listen to my voice and sing along-'

'I want to write you a song' crooned Lee.

Whipping around, you locked on his figure that leaned into the wall, clutching his bag & smiling at you, ever so in love.

'I want to write you a song' the two of you chorused elegantly along the last line, with his deep voice adopting yours like velvet. Not once did either of you look away. He dropped the bag, you dropped the cloth & ran over to him, where his arms were already prepared to catch you. Always, every single time he returned, you soared into his embrace with no hesitation. And always, did he catch you.

His neck was still as soft as you remember- of course, it always was- and his head was pressing fondly into your back; his stubble tickled. Gripping his head with your hands, you kissed and kissed him until it felt as though he would never escape your touch again.

'You didn't tell me!' you yelled, hitting him on the chest- it sounded hollow.

'The look on your face was worth it' he flashed a dazzling smile at you, proud of his secrecy.

'God, I've missed you. Yeah, nope- that's it. You're not getting out of here again. I'm going to stay here forever' you tightened your grip around his neck, your legs snaking around his waist.

'But-'

'Nope' you said firmly.

'You know I have to still make films- I will have to go back at some point' he admitted.

'Then I'll wrap around your leg, and tape myself to you, with superglue. Yep' you mumbled into his shoulder.

'I guess that'll be fine. Thranduil will just have a rogue elf wrapped around his leg for the last part he's in' Lee tutted.

'Yeah he will' giggled you, and he didn't complain. Large and robust, his hands supported the barnacle of a wife you were, latching onto him as if he were the Titanic. Carrying you to the lower levelled sitting room, he held you there, both of you looking into the mirror and seeing nothing but euphoric expressions on your faces.

His lips grazed your neck. 'I've missed your singing, you know'

'Have you now, Mister?' you teased.

'I have to go back in-'

You didn't want to hear it. 'Nope' you silenced him.

All he could feel in that moment was the taste of longing on your lips and the undying love you had for him.