[𝟏] 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔?

The night was chilly and lonely, the streets of the community seemingly deserted

The night was chilly and lonely, the streets of the community seemingly deserted. It made sense, after all, who would be out and about at 2 AM.

Suna Rintarou that's who. Said boy had his shivering hands stuffed in the pockets of his jacket and his head hung low as he idly kicked a small rock along the paved road.

He didn't know where he was going, and truthfully he didn't care. He just knew he had to get out of that house for the night. And so he did. Though looking at it now he probably should've taken something else with him besides his jacket. Some money, or his phone at least.

Now he was cold, hungry and in desperate need of a distraction from the shitshow that had gone down with his parents.

He cursed lowly to himself as he kicked the rock particularly hard that time. Just the thought of them made him angry.

How could the people that were supposed to love him and want the best for him ever say such cruel things?

He knew his dream was far fetched, especially since in a country where there were so many talented prodigies, a regular guy like himself was nothing special. It would be hell for him to achieve his goal and become a pro volleyball player.

He knew that. He knew he'd have to put in work and he knew there was a chance it would be for nothing. But he still believed in himself.

He just assumed his parents would have too.

'Well no use thinking about it now I suppose," He said dejectedly as he continued walking.

The only sound he could hear was his own ragged breaths and the crunch of gravel under his boots. The usually dark street was illuminated by the unusually bright moon. Even in his dejected state, Suna could still admit it was breathtaking.

'It was too bad he thought to himself 'That such a thing had to happen on such a beautiful night.'

He continued walking until he reached the nearby park; immediately going over to the old swing set. His shivering fingers gripped the ice-cold metal so hard his knuckles paled until they looked white.