[𝟐]𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒™

"So you want to go pro?"

Suna nodded slowly, still basking in the afterglow of his high. They had finished smoking a while ago, and now both teenagers were simply relaxing.

Despite the rather unusual circumstances of their meeting, they found out that they weren't as different as they had thought. One specific issue they had in common was their less than ideal situations at home.

"And your parents don't support it?"

Suna scoffed, the hand that was playing with her hair suddenly stopped. "They didn't just not approve of it. They screamed at me about how stupid of a dream it was and told me that I'd never even stand a chance in a world where there were so many prodigies and then there was, well me,"

Y/n whistled lowly. "Ouch,"

"I can't say its anything new though. They've always been like this. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but it still hurts"

Y/n pulled herself up so she was sitting upright and face to face with Suna. "That's not something you just get used to. And definitely not something you should have to."

He gave a bitter chuckle and shrugged. "Not much I can do about it now I guess. And what about you? What's your tragic backstory?"

"Oh is that what we're calling it?"

"Obviously. We're the main characters of some shitty coming of age movie. We have to share our trauma and have it magically disappear when we fall in love."

Y/n burst out laughing at that. "Oh right right. Is that before or after one of us saves each other from a near-death experience?"

"No, it's right after we sneak into a club and have our slow-mo dance scene. I'll look at you under the glowing purple lights and realize you're the missing piece to my life because y'know a hot ass club that smells like sweaty gym shorts is the perfect place for a life-changing moment."

"Well can't argue with that logic. My "tragic backstory" isn't much I guess. Definitely isn't original. Parents got divorced, my dad got remarried, I got expelled from my old school and so I moved here to start over."