CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Merry Christmas, peeps!

This chapter was put together in an hour so, don't expect much out of it and it was slightly influenced by a scene from Fran Bow since I had nothing original to put in there other than some childish stuff. Anyways, enough of the rambling, 

Enjoy the story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snow was a rare occurrence in the Blue Peace. Even though one would think that a magical forest that had blue and white as its main colours would have lots of snowy days, there were hardly any of them. Maybe it was because of low altitude or some weird forest-racism from the clouds but snow was rarely seen in Blue Peace so, whenever those sparkling flakes of white fell from the sky, its residents were very happy to play in the covered ground for hours on end to the point where everyone would put aside their differences and just enjoy the weather.

There was a lot of commotion going on outside in the tunnel, lots of scratching at the door of the hut and neighing from somewhere in the distance. The girl immediately recognised the call of her friend and rushed to exit the small house, pass by Össur -who was the one scratching the poor door- but stopped dead in her tracks when instead of mud, she saw white. Snow had piled up inside the tunnel, so much that Össur had left a trail behind him from walking around and even a big hole where he had possibly rolled over for fun. A smile appeared on her face as she turned to call for the two adults who had been standing around the table before running out of the tunnel and into the open area. Looking up, the snow was flowing down gently, flakes dancing in the wind and creating beautiful patterns all around before finally touching the ground.

Odan was the first to follow the small human to the open, he too silently observing the weather with somewhat of a smile and shining eyes. Össur had followed the man, wasting no time in jumping in the snow and borrowing underneath it like he was an oversized worm. It looked fun so the girl followed his example and began digging down, creating a cozy little cave to hide in. All that work went to waste, though, as the sound of muffled clopping came closer and closer before eventually making the ceiling of the 'cave' collapse on her head, though thankfully it was a thin sheet of ice that caused her no harm. It was her friend, the kelpie, who had arrived to play with them but not before digging the girl out of the snow and helping her up.

The man joined in the fun too at some point but in a somewhat different fashion. Instead of laying in the snow to make a snow angel, he grabbed a handful of snow in his uncovered (and undisputedly freezing) palms to form into a ball and throw it at them. The snowball hit the kelpie square in the face and he started chasing Odan around to bury him underneath the surface. Össur didn't seem to acknowledge the chase going on around them as he had built a fort that withstood his weight as he perched on top of it, looking really proud of his building skills. It left one to wonder how he piled the snow so fast into thin-looking walls and how it they didn't falter under him. Well, they did falter eventually... when he stretched out his wings and ended up face-planting in the snow, his head involuntarily tucked in like an ostrich in hiding.

Enfys had come out to see what all the ruckus was about but upon seeing the snow, she let out an animalistic hiss like a snake. She didn't like it when unorthodox things like snowfall occurred in the forest as it she always over thought this as some sort of rage unleashed by the gods even though there was barely any damage done to her home. The only cons of snowing was that there would be a lot of it piled in the fireplace and it was really easy (yet annoying) to throw it out afterwards. So, the woman stayed near the entrance of the tunnel on bare feet, toes curling from the cold but she looked disinterested in wearing socks or at least a pair of sandals. Did she even have a pair of sandals? Meh.

At some point through the scene, the kelpie had managed to catch Odan and kick him in the snow before burying him in it to the neck. The girl came over once she took notice of that and placed a pinecone (which was just laying there) on the vulnerable man's head as if it were a hat. It was a pinecone, quite the norm for it to be on the floor of a forest; quite the norm for it to be anywhere near trees honestly. What was wrong with a pinecone existing? Apparently lots were... wrong? with its existence by a look at Enfys' expression. It was a mixture of bewilderment, shock and something else the girl couldn't name. Her mouth was wide open, her shining eyes were too. The woman rushed over, forgetting all of her warm garments on the white floor and settling on her very thin and worn gown to run faster. Quickly, she slapped the pinecone off the hair it was resting upon, leaving the girl shocked and confused as to why she had slapped the innocent pinecone.

It didn't take long to understand why she had done that when the pinecone suddenly grew legs and ran off... Were ants carrying it?

What a weird day...