Chapter 11

(i changed it so Dracos less whiny)

Unfortunately, the day to leave came much sooner than you expected. You woke up the morning of feeling refreshed yet somewhat sad. You hadn't gotten to spend much time with Draco. The time you did spend together was nice.... well, when you two got along. But you were also very excited to leave. You would get to see Harry and Ron and Hermione...

Draco wasn't awake yet. You got out of his bed and brushed out your hair before he woke up.

He sat up in bed, watching you.

"G'morning." He said.

"Morning." You responded.

"Hungry?" Draco asked.

"A little." You said. So Draco got himself ready before walking with you down to breakfast.

Breakfast that morning was nice. You sat next to Draco and the two of you grinned as you pulled some waffles towards you.

"Pancakes are better." Draco announced.

"No way! Nothing against pancakes, but waffles are better." You argued. Draco gave you a look.

"No chance. Waffles are weirdly shaped. Pancakes are circles, and smooth."

"Waffles are cooler." You grinned. Draco rolled his eyes.

"No." He said. The two of you continued an animated discussion about breakfast foods for most of the morning. After you had finally won the argument, he followed you to your room.

"I won the argument." You said. Draco sighed in defeat. You began to pack as Draco watched you.

"Watcha packin' for?"

You looked up. Oh no. You'd forgotten to tell him...

"Draco... I'm leaving soon." You said. Draco's face fell.

"Why?" He asked, his previously bright eyes dimming.

You frowned. "I'm going to the Quidditch World Cup with some friends." Draco's eyes slipped from your face to the floor.

"Of course you are. I'm not surprised." He said bitterly.

"Draco I'm sorry. I wish I could stay longer, I truly do, but my friends invited me and I-"

"You chose them over me?" Draco asked, a hurt and angry expression flashing across his face. You opened your mouth to speak, but no words came out. Draco looked at you, expecting something. Anything. But nothing came. His eyes darkened and he left your room, leaving you in a heavy silence.

You stared at the ground as you heard your door slam shut and flinched. He was so angry at you, you could feel it. His tone, his energy, his eyes... he may never forgive you. For abandoning him a little over halfway through the summer you were supposed to spend together.

No, don't think like that. You thought. He will. I'll make it up to him somehow. When we go back to school.

You ran a hand through your hair. You were more stressed now than you were before. But you might as well pack.

***

You spent the rest of the day locked in your room, packing. Minny helped, folding clothes with her magic and chatting. You told her about Draco. She had somehow became your gossip bunny. You told her about all your problems if she promised not to tell.

"-and now he won't speak to me." You said, finishing your rant about Draco. Minny looked at you before slowly putting down the shirt she was folding.