Chapter 20

Harry's POV

Me and Ron made our way upstairs. I was holding down a laugh, hearing Mrs. Weasley run around the house. Ron looked unamused, so I didn't mention it as we reached his room.

"How much do we have to pack?" I asked. I guess I hadn't picked anything up about the Quidditch World Cup in the last three years I've been in the wizarding world.

"I'd say a couple changes of clothes. It's kind of hard to tell how long we'll be staying. Definitely a toothbrush. Mum always makes me bring chapstick and ointment-"

"Alright mate, I get it." I cut him off, saving him from the embarrassment of finishing that sentence. I hid my amused smile by turning to my bag. I began to stuff a couple pairs of pants in my suitcase when I turned back around.

"We don't need to pack our stuff for Hogwarts, right?"

"Obviously not, mate. We can't carry all that to the Quidditch World Cup."

"Alright, alright." I said.

I began to fill my suitcase. A variety of clothes, my toothbrush, etc. It was quiet for a minute until a knock on the door drew both of our attention.

"Who is it?" I called. The door opened slowly and Ginny stuck her head in.

"Hey, Harry." She said slowly. "And Ron." She added bluntly. She walked in and shut the door. We watched the ginger girl stand awkwardly beside the door. She looked almost nothing like Ron, except for the hair. She looked more like her mother than Ron did.

"What do you want, Ginny?" Ron asked.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just bored of packing and was wondering if I could help either of you?"

I looked at Ron. He gave me a look that plainly said "I don't want her help"

"I think we're good right now." I said, slowly looking away from Ron to look at Ginny. "Thanks, though."

"Oh... okay." Ginny said. She sat down on the floor and watched us before she began to speak. "Who are you guys voting for?"

I looked over at Ron.

"For what?"

"The Quidditch World Cup, obviously." Ginny said.

"Bulgaria." Me and Ron said in unison. We shared a competitive smile.

"I'm voting for Ireland." Ginny said nervously.

"I've got so much to pack, Ginny." Ron said, annoyed. "Can you let me and Harry alone for a bit?"

"Yeah. I've got a lot to pack, too." Ginny said, getting up. "I'll see you later, yeah?" The question was more directed at me.

"Yeah." I responded. Ginny nodded and walked out the door. Me and Ron let out a huge relieved sigh as she walked out.

"Man, I'm so sick of 'er." Ron said, running a hand through his hair.

"What was the point of even coming up here?" I asked. Suddenly a knock at the door shot us both into silence. Me and Ron had a silent argument about who had to get the door, praying it wasn't Ginny again. I won and Ron grudgingly got up, making his way to the door. He peeked his head out and his whole body relaxed. It wasn't Ginny! Ron pulled a familiar face into the room and shut the door.

"I thought you were Ginny." He said, relieved. I let out a relieved breath as well and looked up at Y/n, who looked confused.

"Ginny?" She asked. She looked at me and I smiled.

"She's been such a pain." Ron said, rolling his eyes. He walked back to his bed. "She came up to my room a minute ago. She's getting on my nerves." I thought it was a bit harsh, but not incorrect.

Y/n watched him speak. "I see. Well, I didn't come up here to gossip. I need a suitcase."

"Why?" Ron asked. I was thinking the same thing.

"Fred and George destroyed mine." She said. I let out a small chuckle. I was just wondering how they even did that.

"I'm not suprised."

Ron began to search through his closet. I watched him until he pulled out a black suitcase with the word "Ron" written in his handwriting.

Y/n looked unamused.

"Really?" She asked. Ron shrugged and turned back around. He began searching through his closet again and I watched Y/n, who was watching him.

He grabbed a mint green suitcase and handed it to her. She examined it before smiling.

"This is much better. Thanks." She handed Ron back the black one and turned to go. I wanted to stop her, but I stayed silent. I wondered why I wanted her to stay so badly, yet I wanted Ginny to leave.

Y/n gently shut the door behind her. I heard the creak of the landing outside Ron's room. It was both a blessing and a curse. It let us know when someone was coming up towards our room, but whenever the mice stepped on it it would creak too. And keep me up at night.

"Why do you think Ginny's in such a mood?" I wondered aloud.

"It's quite obvious, mate." Ron replied. "She's jealous of Y/n."

I looked at him, taken aback. "Jealous? Why?"

I heard the landing creak again and waited for someone to knock but they didn't. I was afraid Mrs. Weasley was listening to us so I walked over to open the door.

I swung the door open. No one was out there. Maybe I was just hearing things. Or it could've been a mouse.