Chapter 12

In the library she was. She was sitting at one of the tables reading a book about Greek Literature.

"Hello, Narcissa." You said smiling. You sat across from her, a happy grin plastered playfully on your face. Your mood was much improved, you were just back from talking to Lucius Malfoy. That'd be a story for your friends.

"Hello, Y/n. You look very happy." She noticed, looking up from her book.

"That I am indeed. What're you reading?" You asked, peeking at the book.

"A book about Greek Literature."

"A book about... books?"

"Yes, a book about books." Narcissa chuckled.

"Interesting choice." You grinned. Narcissa watched you, waiting for you to get to your point for coming here.

"So... how may I help you?" She asked, and suddenly the memory of why you were there hit you. The grin was slowly wiped off your face into a low frown.

"Oh, yeah. Well, the reason I'm here isn't as fun and happy. I'm leaving tonight. Around 9. I didn't want to just leave without telling you... I'm sorry." You said quietly.

"Oh dear. And your parents are leaving too, I assume?"

"No! No, they're not. Just me." You replied. Narcissa frowned.

"Well that's too bad. Don't tell your parents this, but I think you're my favorite Y/l/n." Narcissa said, a small smile appearing on her features.

"Your secrets safe with me." You said, grinning Narcissa gave a small laugh before sighing.

"Well, are you packed?"

"Yes. I'll be leaving in 2 hours."

"Alright... well, I guess I will see you at dinner and then it's goodbye." The older woman said, frowning.

"Guess so." You replied sadly.

***

Dinner came all too soon. You and Lucius sat as far away as possible. Draco sat across from you but you didn't even look at each other once.

"So, how's everyone's evenings going?" Your mother asked, trying to break the heavy silence.

Narcissa looked at you. You grinned at how awkward your mother was.

"Alright." Your father responded. The conversation died there and the only sound to be heard was chewing.

Draco kept sneaking looks at you. You finished your food and made up your mind. You would make up with him. You had to. You couldn't just leave without saying goodbye.

So after dinner, once you were back in your room, you made a plan. You would to Draco's room. You would apologize, and hope that he would accept it. Then you would tell him you would write to him while you were away.

So that's what you did. It didn't go exactly to plan.

You walked into Draco's room at around 8. You knocked, and after a minute, the blond boy opened the door. He saw your face and immediately tried to slam his door shut but you wouldn't let him. Instead, you pushed straight into his room.

"I'm not leaving on bad terms with you." You announced.

"Get out." Draco said blandly.

"I said I'm not leaving." Draco sent you a dirty look before sitting in the arm chair in his room.

"What do you want?"

"I want us to make up."

"I don't."

"C'mon, Draco! You can't say this visit of mine has gone well, either. We've barely been on speaking terms the whole time."

Draco looked at you. "Yeah, I know."

"And I don't want to end it like that." You said, exasperated. "Please, just let me apologize."

Draco watched you but didn't say no. So you kept going. "I'm sorry, okay? I've been with you for a while, Draco. And I have other friends. You have to understand that you're not my only one." Draco was silent. "Please, just say anything."

"You're right." Draco said finally. "I just can't get over the fact that you know I hate him and you still talk to him."

"And he hates you! I can't help the fact that my friends dislike each other."

Draco opened his mouth to speak but the door to his room opened.

"Oh... Draco, I didn't realize you had a..." Lucius looked at you with angry eyes. "Guest."

"Sorry, Dad, we were just talking."

"Talking, indeed. I must talk to you now,
though."

"Can I just have 5 minutes, please?" Draco asked, but his father shot him an angry look.

"No."

"Listen, Mr. Malfoy, I believe that your son is actually the one to decide who he talks to, not you."

Lucius looked taken aback. "You disgust me." He whispered, quietly enough so only you could hear.

"He'll be done in five minutes, Lucius." You said coldly. Lucius looked like he wanted to bash your head in but instead he slammed the door.

Draco looked at you weirdly. "What?" You asked.

"Nobody ever talks to my dad like that. He's gonna get you back for that."

"Yeah, whatever. Back to apologizing." You said nonchalantly. "I promise I'm not trying to hurt you. And I promise to write, I just can't stand your father. And this house is too big."

Draco gave a small, sad smile. "I know. I know. And I'm not gonna stop you. I just want you to know I'm sick of Harry, and Hermione, and especially that Weasley boy."

"I'm sorry, Draco, but I'm leaving." You stood up and walked over. You pulled Draco into a hug and buried your head into his shoulder. He was tense at first, but slowly leaned into the hug.

Finally after a minute, you pulled away. Draco sighed.

"I'll write." You promised, and walked out of his room.