Chapter 18

In Mrs. Weasley's arms were a huge fruit platter. A variety of melons, berries, pineapple, cantaloupe, and even apple slices were presented neatly in an artistic fashion. You felt your mouth water as your eyes glanced at the next food. Two huge platefuls of waffles. You looked over at Mr. Weasley who held a plate of pancakes stacked 2 feet high. There is no way we'll be able to eat all of those, you thought.

The adults placed the plates down slowly before hurrying back to the kitchen for plates and utensils. Ron was glaring hungrily at the food as Ginny as looking at him with disgust. Harry was grinning at the two and you were looking at Harry. Almost admiring him.

He always looked good. It was like a talent. His brown hair sat messily on his head. It barely covered the lightning shaped scar. His skin was soft and clear. His pink lips had a small smile upon them and you bit your lip, looking away. You knew it would be weird if you stared too long, but you just couldn't help it.

Arthur and Molly returned with plates and utensils. The twins sat down and you all grabbed a plate and a fork.

Ron began to dig in, grabbing way too much food. You grinned happily as you grabbed one pancake, one waffle, and some fruit. Everyone burst into conversation and you sighed happily. You felt at home here. At home with these people... your friends. Some you'd even consider family.

The only one not completely involved in a conversation was Harry. You felt his eyes on you but instead of saying anything you just continued to eat, waiting for him to speak. After a moment of awkward silence he spoke.

"Hey Y/n?"

"Yeah?" You asked, looking up at him. His soft eyes were searching yours.

"After breakfast, do you want to go on a walk with me?"

You smiled softly. "I'd love to go on a walk with you, Harry. Where should we go?"

"Just around Ron's town. We can't go too far or we'll reach the Muggles."

"Sounds good." I said, smiling. I turned back and involved myself in George, Fred, and Mr. Weasley's conversation.

"When did I ever say that?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"You say it all the time." Fred said. The twins began to mock Mr. Weasley. "Did you know Muggles use pencils to write things? Did you know Muggles carry their suitcases? Did you know Muggles use this weird green money?"

You started laughing as Mr. Weasley tried to stutter out some excuse. I grinned and turned to Ginny, Ron, and Mrs. Weasley's conversation.

"Mum, I am not getting a haircut! I like the way it is right now!"

I giggled.

"Ron you look silly." Ginny said.

"I do not!" Ron scowled. "I like my hair this length."

"You're beginning to grow a bob, dear." Mrs. Weasley said. This really cracked Ginny up. Ron's ears turned red as did his cheeks.

Harry and you looked at each other knowingly. You both had a smile that plainly said "He needs a haircut."

Breakfast went quickly. You kept jumping in and out of other people's conversations, liking to get a bit of everything.

After breakfast, you, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Fred, and George went outside to their Quidditch pitch. They all grabbed their brooms, even Ginny. You just sat there, watching, until Harry flew down to you.

"Come on!" Harry encouraged.

"What?" You asked.

"You're going to fly with me." He said, pulling you up and over to his broom.

"Come on, Harry, I don't wanna-" You whined, but Harry jsut smiled.

"You'll like it." He said. You sighed, trying to hide a smile, as you climbed on. Harry sat behind you and began to instruct you.

"Pull up this part of the broom." He said, pointing at it. You did so, following his instructions. You began to go off the ground, something you hadn't done since your first year.

"Ok, now lean forward. Gently- gently, not aggressively." He said. "See? We're moving. Now you just have to-" Harry began, but a sharp impact sound from behind you startled you. Harry groaned and you turned around to see him groggily holding a ball. You looked over to see Fred, George, and Ron doubled over on their brooms dying laughing. You felt your cheeks redden and saw Harry's ears turn a bright red.

"On a date, Harry?" Fred called. Harry's eyes darkened as he pulled the broom to the ground, to your surprise. He stood up and glared at them.

"Mind your business, Fred!" Harry called back. This just sent the boys into even more of a laugh. You looked at Harry and smiled, trying to lighten the mood. Even with the scowl on his face he couldn't help but smile back at you.

"Maybe we'll have to continue this lesson another time?" You asked hopefully. Harry nodded.

"A time when they won't be here to bother us."

You smiled just as the rest of your friends pulled to the ground. You noticed that everyone was laughing or chatting animatedly except Ginny, who had a disappointed expression. You walked over to her.

"Hey, Ginny." You said. She looked up at you and immediately tried to hide the distasteful expression that flashed across her face. You saw it, though.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

She smiled. "I'm great! I love playing quidditch. I'm glad you're learning." She said. Her eyes flashed anger for a second and you knew what her problem was. She was angry Harry was teaching you. You sighed as she walked away, the fake smile still plastered on her face. How would you fix this?