Chapter 4

A suave voice from the doorway spoken Ir startled you, and you spun around to see the man in the doorway. "Richard! It is so nice to see you." He said. His long, bleach blonde hair sat neatly on his shoulders. He held himself high, one hand on a fancy cane and the other adjusting his collar.

"Hello, Lucius." Your father said. Suddenly, his entire disposition had changed. His posture was good, and his voice had a slight accent you had never heard before. He fixed his hair quickly and smiled a sly smile. "Thank you for inviting us."

"Do you need any assistance?" Lucius asked. He surveyed both you and your mother, judging you from behind his cold, icy eyes. You shuttered.

"I think we will be okay. Thank you, though." Your father responded.

Just then, a small creature appeared from behind Lucius's leg. The man looked down at his leg and groaned, an angry expression appearing on his face. "This is our..." Lucius thought for a second. "...new house elf. Much more useless than the old one but... things change."

"Any house elf is a good house elf." Your dad said wisely as he lifted up his and your mother's suitcases. He began to carry them inside. You followed him with your own suitcase, which you held limply at your sides.

"You can leave them in the foyer." Lucius said offhandedly.

So you and your family put down your suitcases. Your father organized them quickly, which he had never done before, and followed Lucius to the dining room. If you had thought the foyer was big, then this was giant. The table was very long. It looked like it could seat 50 people. The chairs were made of a strong wood, as was the table. A bowl of dead fruits sat in the middle of the table. Large windows sat on each side of the room, the only thing providing light other than the floating candles. The walls had a dull grey wallpaper.

You gazed around the room, your eyes wide open. Soft footsteps brought you from your amazement.

"Ah, Lucius. The guests have arrived. Perfect." A soft, female voice said from behind you. You turned around to see a rather skinny woman, so skinny in fact that you could see her bones. The woman had brown and blonde hair, the brown being the top layer and the blonde being the bottom. It looked quite cool. She had red lipstick and a welcoming smile.

"Oh Narcissa! It is so nice to see you." Your mother greeted the woman with a hug. Your father gave her a kiss on the cheek. You watched the greeting, unable to wonder how your parents even knew the Malfoy's. You knew they worked together, but what were a high class, rich couple doing speaking to your workaholic parents?

The woman noticed you standing awkwardly in the middle for the room.

"And you must be Y/n." She said kindly. She walked over to you and shook your hands with her bony ones. "I have heard so many good things."

You smiled. "As have I."

Narcissa smiled at you before glancing at the empty table.

"Oh dear. The food isn't done yet. How about you three unpack while the food finishes? It should be done in no more than 10 minutes."

"That would be lovely." Your mother said as she grabbed her suitcase. Your father followed.

"Um, Mrs. Malfoy?" You asked.