Chapter 9

Your POV
You shut the door quickly, accidentally slamming it shut. What did his father say to him? Why was he acting all weird? You had been getting along fine with him beforehand.

You walked over to your bed. You noticed Hedwig had gone. She must've flown back with your letter to Harry.

Harry. You were starting to miss him a lot more. Staying at the Malfoy's was just as rough as you had expected it to be. You wished desperately for your friends from school.

You laid in bed, staring at the ceiling for who knows how long. Your just turned your thoughts over your head, trying to think about what Lucius could've possibly said to Draco when a new owl you didn't recognize flew through the window. It landed on your dresser, a letter attached to its leg.

You stood up, a confused look dancing across your face. You walked over, stroking it lightly before removing the letter from it's leg.

"Thank you." You mumbled, observing the letter. It had nice paper. It had your name written in fancy letters. You tore the sticker and opened the letter.

Dear Y/n,

Harry told me about your situation for the summer. It sounds quite horrendous, if you ask me. I don't know how much news you hear around that place, but towards the end of the summer, the Quidditch World Cup is taking place. Ron's father got tickets! They invited me, and Harry too. They asked if you'd like to come. We'd love to take you. And get you out of Malfoy Manor if we can. Let me know! Also, how's everything with Malfoy?

Love, Hermione.

You smiled. Finally, a letter from one of your friends other than Harry. Not that you disliked hearing from Harry. You turned the letter over in your hands, admiring Hermione's neat handwriting.

A sharp knock at your door startled you. You stood up and walked across the room to your dresser.

"Who is it?" You asked, grabbing a piece of parchment and a quill.

"Narcissa." The voice said through the door. You grinned and walked over, opening the door. It was a tad strange, Narcissa visiting you in your room.

"Hello." You greeted, letting her into your room.

Narcissa smiled at you as you went back over to your drawer. She sat quietly on your bed.

"Are you alright?" She asked. You turned around.

"What? Yeah... why?"

"Draco's been moping around. He thinks you're angry at him, I just thought I'd check up on you."

You smiled. "Oh, I'm fine. I'm not mad at him or anything." Narcissa listened to you. You appreciated that she was checking up on you.

"Alright. I just wanted to check in with you, be a good host and all."

"Thanks." You said, smiling. Narcissa stood to leave. She stopped in the doorway.

"If you ever need anything, you can come to me." She said kindly.

"Thank you, Narcissa." You said. She nodded before shutting your door.

***

It had been a few hours. You had responded to Hermione's letter telling her that you'd love to tag along and that you'd find some way out of the house. You missed her dearly.

You knew you needed to make up with Draco. You didn't much want to, but he was your friend. And whatever his father said in that room scared him to death. He probably didn't mean it when he yelled at you.