| Twenty Five |

“CHU! Where is my grey hoodie, the one that says iconic on it

“CHU! Where is my grey hoodie, the one that says iconic on it.” Jimin shouted stomping out the room to find Hyejoo. “Oh I had to throw it away, it got messy when Tae came over. It’s so old anyway you’ve had it since before Googie was born.” She said putting away some of the laundry Jimin following her behind.

“But I loved it, WAIT you gave it to Tae!” he shrieked in disbelief making Hyejoo smack his arm. “yes, now stop screaming in my ear.” Jimin pouted making his way to Googies wardrobe, getting out one of his other hoodies.

Jimin was playing some video games with Googie, purposely teasing the child every time he won. “Here.” Hyejoo passed him a coffee sliding it onto the coffee table, before handing Googie some carrot sticks. Googie thanked his mother to which he received a pat on the head. “Are you sure its for me, you’re not gonna give it to Tae.” Jimin puffed out in jealousy making Hyejoo laugh. “Actually, he doesn’t like coffee.” She stuck out her tongue making him roll his eyes. “I’m kidding Chim, I love you.” She gave him a back hug. Jimin muttering words of how he loved her but was still mad.

Googie then scolded at the both of them, telling his mother to stop distracting Jimin, while telling his uncle how they had been painting with Tae and that way why his hoodie had been given. Jimin apologised to the child, while internally smiling that his best friend was finally spending time with someone other than him. At this point Hyejoo had left the room, Jimin using it as an advantage to ask the innocent child how Hyejoo and Tae would act around one another.

The younger child rambled on talking about all the fun things they had done together. Hyejoo sat down on the armchair exhausted, trying to understand what the two were talking about. “I think Taetae likes mama.” Googie let out a giggle covering his mouth with his palm unaware of his mother behind him.

“Googie! Don’t say things like that.” She gasped, taking a sip of her tea trying to hide her flustered cheeks. Googie winked at Jimin before nodding. Jimin however smirked at Hyejoo as he said his next words, “I think mama likes Taetae too.” Hyejoo choked on her drink, coughing as she tried to regain herself. She sent a glare to Jimin, with tomato red cheeks. Jimin and Googie however were too busy dying of laughter to see, the two of them falling on top of one another, tears of joy in their eye at Hyejoo's flustered state.

•─────⋅🍓⋅─────•

Googie had now passed out in his mothers embrace after playing with Jimin for too long, his energy had been drained. He hugged his mama, his arms around her neck as he lay his head against her chest small snores emitting his mouth. He scrunched his nose, as a few of his mother’s hear strands tickled his nose.

Rubbing his face against her chest, he found himself comfortable and continued to peacefully smile. Hyejoo rubbed his cheek smiling as he clung to her tighter. Jimin looked at her with a sad smile, she deserved so much more, Googie deserved so much more and he really hoped Tae would be the one to give them their best.

Hyejoo noticed his gaze, raising her eyebrows to ask ‘what?’. “So tae huh?” he gave her a knowing smile acting like one of them gossip girls from high school, before popping some grapes into his mouth. Before she could deny his accusations Jimin cut her off once again, “Don’t even try to lie, your face gives you away, you're practically a tomato.” 

Hyejoo gasped, trying to fan her cheeks, while not disturbing the baby in her arms. “I don’t know Jimin. I like him but its not that simple. I’m scared. I have Googie to think about; he adores Tae so much if it didn’t work out it could ruin their bond. Googie finally has another father figure in his life, I don’t want him to lose that too.” She looked down, biting the inside of her cheek to avoid crying.

“Honey you think too much. I don’t know Tae well but I get a better vibe from him then I ever did with Hajoon. He wouldn’t hurt you or Googie. If things don’t work out they don’t but fear shouldn’t stop you from trying, plus I see the way Tae looks at you; Boys whipped.” Jimin consoled his best friend, not forgetting to roll his eyes at the mention of her ex.

“He likes me really?” she asked to receive a light hit on the head. “Are you stupid. Of course, he does!” he exclaimed a little louder than intended making Hyejoo hush him as she rocked Googie in her arms who had began to stir.

Jimin mouthed a ‘sorry’ before whispering the rest. “The boy likes you a lot! He got jealous thinking we were together, which may have been because of my evil scheming. He looks at you with heart eyes if you haven’t noticed.” He sniggered remembering how he had made the poor teacher jealous. Realisation hit Hyejoo as to why Tae had looked at her and Jimin so weirdly in their first meeting. “Oh is that why you kept calling me baby.” Hyejoo couldn’t help but giggle remembering how lost Taehyung had looked.

“Anyway, I should get going before the little terror, I mean angel wakes up I have a date.” Jimin got up, getting his last few grapes and walking away. “Wait another date. Please tell me you like her.” Hyejoo pouted tired of her friend going on multiple failed dates, Jimin stating they weren’t all fails as they had fun.

“I actually like her; she is called Anna and I met her through work.” He gave her the basic details to which Hyejoo nodded, kneeling across the head of the sofa. “Bye babe, wait I shouldn’t say that, or Tae will get jealous.” Jimin let out an evil laugh dodging Hyejoo's slap. Hyejoo planning to hit him next time when she didn’t have a child in her arms.