| Thirty Four |

Anna and Hyejoo had gotten closer after their first meeting

Anna and Hyejoo had gotten closer after their first meeting. Hyejoo finally had a girl best friend she could have girl talks with, Jimin asking her if he wasn’t enough faking a high pitch voice.  While Jimin and Tae did occasionally meet, Hyejoo and Anna would meet up on days only the two had off just like today. The two girls met up for brunch at a local café before running some errands together. “Sorry I’m late Googie insisted I drop him off.” She smiled Anna telling her it was fine having the biggest soft spot the little one.

The two had random common interests, both inspiring in their own way. Hyejoo was a hard-working mother tackling obstacles to protects and provide for her son while Anna was a well-known Lawyer supporting the innocent, she had barely lost a case. The two were both food lovers, Anna complaining how she wasn’t the best cook so Hyejoo offered to teach her making the elder smile like a child. Hyejoo not able to control herself pinched Anna cheek making the older complain about the disrespect.

Hyejoo continued to tease her until Anna mentioned Taehyungs name making Hyejoo freeze. She cursed Jimin for telling her, Anna saying it was obvious anyway. The two gossiped about Hyejoo’s non existent love life, Anna asking questions remembering to tell Jimin about the way Hyejoo's eyes twinkled when talking about Tae.

The two continued to run their errands together planning to have another dinner together again. Hyejoo was reminded of dinner and didn’t know what to cook as she strolled the supermarket. She saw Anna pick up random vegetables as well as some curry powder and decided she would cook some as well. She thanked Anna who replied with a ‘your welcome,’ confused.

•─────⋅🍓⋅─────•

Meanwhile Googie had decided to listen to Taehyung's advice so he could invite his crush Sarang over for a playdate after school. He had told his mother to let him wear his favourite light blue dungarees with a white jumper underneath, small timberland styled boots on his feet. “Hi Sarang.” He waved at the elder girl who was playing with the jump ropes with her other friends.

She jumped out to greet the younger boy with a toothy grun showing the gap of where her tooth had fallen out. The two played catch with the plastic balls until the bell rang indicating lunch was now over. “Sarang wait, would you like to come over and play today?” he shyly asked looking anywhere but her. “I would love to, I will ask my mother after school.” She smiled making Googie blush a little. The two decided to meet at Taehyung's classroom after school if she got her mother permission.

Googie walked back into class with the widest grin. His friends kept asking him what was so funny to which he shook his head. As Googie hummed a song which his mother would sing whilst doodling on some paper Taehyung approached him. “Did something happen Gooogie?” he asked making the younger blush and nod shyly. “I asked Sarang if she would like to come over today and she said she would ask her mother.” He giggled to which Taehyung chuckled ruffling the little ones hair.

Taehyung had something to discuss with a parent so Googie waited on one of the little tables eye never leaving the door. He cupped his face every so often looking at the clock wondering if Sarang would make it. Soon he heard familiar shoes tapping against the floor and Sarang smiled at him clutching her ladybird backpack in one hand. “Ready to go?” Taehyung asked the children making Googie nod eagerly. Sarang was a little confused and whispered to ask Googie why they were going with Mr Kim not that she minded. “Me and mama stay with Mr Kim to keep us safe for my bad papa.” He informed her crossing his arms when having to say ‘papa.’

As Taehyung pulled up to the carpark, Hyejoo just got out the car after Anna had dropped her off. “Mama.” Googie called out to his mother who had to drop her bags to embrace her son as well as Sarang who followed behind. Sarang had easily taken a liking to Hyejoo, calling her Auntie chu. Hyejoo was confused as to why Sarang was here but didn’t mind having the sweet little girl over who her son had a crush on. Googie held Sarangs hand to show her where he lived as Taehyung helped Hyejoo with the bags.

As Taehyung unlocked the door, Googie placed his shoes, coat and bag in their respected places not wanting his mother to get agitated before dragging Sarang to the corner of the living room to show her his toy box. Hyejoo and Taehyung placed the groceries away and Hyejoo made a snack for the two little ones. She made some sandwiches for them as well as taking out some fruit sticks, Taehyung managed to steal few making Hyejoo smack his hand. He pouted his lips rubbing his hand and proceeded to eat what he had stolen.

Googie and Sarang ate their snacks on the table as instructed as they watched Tom and jerry on the Tv. Taehyung had some work to do so he was in his room while Hyejoo cooked dinner, looking through the door every so often to check on the kids. Googie and Sarang started with some colouring until Googie pulled out his new Lego set which Sarang gasp at it. She had heard her brother talk about the new Lego set their parents had just ordered some for him and she knew he wouldn’t let her play with it.  She clapped excitedly as Googie opened the box placing the different pieces on the table carefully. Hyejoo smiled at her sons caution, he had always taken care of his belongings.

The children being easily bored then moved on to playing some video games asking Hyejoo to get the remote out the cupboard for him. Googie enthusiastically explained the rules and instructions to Sarang who paid attention like her life depended on it. It had taken time for Sarang to get the hand of it Googie saying he wouldn’t go easy on her just because she was girl, making Hyejoo hold back a snicker. Sarangs mother had texted saying she would pick her up soon, Hyejoo telling her their new address. Sarang thanked Mr Kim and Hyejoo for having her before she left, running back to hug Hyejoo. Hyejoo smiled stroking her locks and waving goodbye.

Googie ran to his mother soon after telling her he had something to tell her. He tugged on her dress so she would bend so he could whisper in her ear. “I like Sarang.” He giggled cupping his mouth to stifle his laughs. “Do you now.” She teased poking his sides making Googie stumble back as he tried to escape his mothers tickles.