| Thirty Eight |

A few weeks had passed, and the couple had done exactly what they had decided, taking it slow

A few weeks had passed, and the couple had done exactly what they had decided, taking it slow. The two would occasionally push for more skin ships such as holding hands or hugging the first move usually initiated by Taehyung. Taehyung would always ensure Hyejoo was comfortable and that he wasn’t pushing her. He cared and worried about ruining the chance he got. Hyejoo on the other hand felt like she was finally in a proper adult relationship; Taehyungs presence was warm like a campfire on a cold night.

It was the Easter holidays and the three were going to Taehyungs hometown, his parents had no idea about the relationship developed between Hyejoo and their son but only wanted to meet the little ray of fluff and happiness known as Googie which Taehyung wouldn’t stop talking about. They sat on the train, Googie taking pictures of the scenery and the two adults from his small disposable camera which Hyejoo had gotten for him. Hyejoo had realised Googie had a passion for photography, wanting to take pictures of whatever he found beautiful.

Googie being the child which got bored easily was given a puzzle book by Taehyung. Taehyung had packed a small pencil case for the different activities in there. He helped Googie with the dot-to-dot puzzle, Hyejoo then helping her son colour it in. Googie then did the word search learning to spell and pronounce some new words. Eventually Googie got bored again so Hyejoo suggested playing ‘I spy with my little eye’. The little one eagerly nodded chanting to start first as he stroked his chin thinking of an object.

The train ride was short and the three were picked up by the families personal driver who also carried their luggage. Hyejoo had forgotten this feeling of having people do things for her making her feel guilty despite it being their job. Googie had fallen asleep during the last portion of the train ride, all his excitement draining him and he slept in his mothers arms until they arrived at Taehyung's family home. Googie still barely awake whined in his mother’s embrace, hiding in her neck further. She stroked his back telling him it was time to wake up. The little one began to rub his eyes with his fist as they entered the house.

Taehyung was greeted by the smiles of his parents and brother. Taehyungs mother giving her son a hug who she hadn’t seen in a while. “Oh, my is this the little angel Googie.” She awed looking at the little boy who peeked out from his mothers neck hearing his praises with flushed cheeks. He smiled at the woman who had a similar smile to his Taetae and gestured for his mother to let him down. “Hello I am Googie.” He gave his bunny grin and waved smiling wider at the familiar face of Jin. Taehyung's mother couldn’t help but hug the little child who giggled as a response. He held onto Taehyung's mothers hand who insisted he call her nana Kim.

Mrs Kim showed them around, leading them into the living room which was filled with different ornaments. Above the wooden fireplace was a family portrait when the sons were young. Jin was probably around the age of seventeen making Taehyung fifteen. They both stood in front of their mother who was stood beside her husband. Hyejoo looked back at the photo and then Taehyung releasing how much his face had defined from the chubby round face he once had.

Mrs Kim showed her quickly where the kitchen was saying she was welcome to help herself whenever. Mr Kim then suggested showing them their room for the weekend so they could freshen up from their journey. Hyejoo’s room had her luggage already placed in one corner of the room beside the door for the on-suite bathroom. A king-sized bed placed on the other side against the wall to get good lighting from the large arched window which showed the back garden. In front of the window a small coffee table and armchair. Beside the wardrobe was a dressing table filled with different essentials Mrs Kim thought Hyejoo might need as well as a treacle box filled with toffee for Googie.

Taehyung suggested that the two get freshened up and he would show them the town he grew up in. Googie was excited to learn what Taehyung did as a child and rushed Hyejoo in everything she did. In the end he didn’t allow his mother to take out another pair of shoes and told Taehyung they were ready.

The three walked down the street, which was fairly quiet, each house far apart from the other each having a large driveway and garden. At the end of the street was a park, a run downplay area as well as a river which flowed from the park down to the large lake at the other side of the town. “I used to spend a lot of time here alone after Jin had started high school.” He told the two explaining how he would make up activities for himself such as climbing up a tree and then running along side a river racing against the ducks swimming inside. Taehyung chuckled at how stupid it sounded now but Googie found it rather interesting and decided to race against a duck too.

Taehyung then took them down to the local bakery where he had worked part time during his teenage years. The owner recognising Taehyung, came from behind the counter and hugged the boy who had spent a lot of his teenage years here before moving to the city. The woman, Haneul got the three drinks and her famous blueberry muffins on the house before sitting beside them to catch up with Taehyung.

She watched Googie take a large bite and give a thumbs up in satisfaction and laughed saying how Taehyung had the same twinkle in his eyes as a child thinking Googie to be his son. Haneul told Hyejoo how Taehyung was kept at the counter seeing as though he once burnt his apron when left alone in the kitchen making Taehyung complaining how he was only young at the time. Hyejoo laughed imagining a rather small Taehyung with a panicked face as he burnt his apron.

Hyejoo continued to talk to the owner about her own recipes as Taehyung looked around. The bakery looked the same except the colours of the walls were now more vibrant. He had loved the welcoming atmosphere here and begged his father to do his part time job here instead of their boring company. Even when he didn’t have to work Taehyung found himself doing his schoolwork on the table in the far corner.

When he had moved to the city the owner had missed the presence he gave and wondered if he would come back soon. She had become attached to the boy who would complain about wanting to be a teacher while forced to do a business course. She supported him and told him to follow his dreams resulting him to move away to the city and pursue the course he wanted to do.

It was getting late and Taehyung had received a message saying dinner would be served soon. Haneul insisted on giving them some fresh bread for dinner and waved the three goodbyes, telling Taehyung to come before they leave so she could pack them some baked goods. Hyejoo held the bag in one hand the other holding Tae’s as Googie ran a little in front of them. Taehyung had missed the bakery it had been a escape from home in the past.