| Forty One |

“It’s Nana Kim!” Googie cheered answering the facetime Taehyung had received

“It’s Nana Kim!” Googie cheered answering the facetime Taehyung had received. After spending time with Taehyung's parents, the two elders had become attached to the little one and often called to ask about his wellbeing and would even post over some toys spoiling him. “What are you doing Googie?” Mrs Kim asked seeing his clothes covered with an apron. “I’m cleaning.” He boasted showing her his toy box now all neat and tidy and his set of wipes which he used to clean the box. “My my, what a helpful little angel.” She complimented him making him nod in agreement.

He took the phone to the kitchen to show Hyejoo seeing her they asked about her. Hyejoo took off her gloves to take the phone and talk to Taehyung's parents. The two elders would constantly worry and fuss over making sure Taehyung was treating her right despite the many times Taehyung had told them not to make her fell stressed out seeing as though they were taking it slow. Meanwhile Taehyung sulked in the living room a wipe in one of his hands as he had being cleaning, muttering to himself how his parents had forgotten about him.

“Taetae, Nana Kim wants to talk to you.” Googie ran to elder handing him the phone before running off to his room to clean the mess he had made in the morning. Mrs Kim talked to her son for a while before bidding goodbye, telling Taehyung to expect another parcel for the little one. “Hyejoo, we need to go shopping.” He reminded her to which she nodded going to get Googie so they could all go together.

Googie sat on Taehyungs shoulder, as Hyejoo pushed the trolly getting the things she needed from her list. Googie pointed over to his and Taehyungs favourite snack asking Hyejoo if they could get it. They did this a few times until Hyejoo had to say no because they had got too many unnecessary things making the two boys frown and walk away. “Sometimes its like having two kids in the house.” She whispered to herself before pushing the trolly a littler faster to catch up to the two.

Googie helped Hyejoo pack the bags happily waving goodbye to the cheerful worker. He asked Hyejoo if he could push the trolly with her to which he nodded, Googie raising his head up to see where he was going, Hyejoo helping him control it from behind.

Hyejoo put Googie in his car seat as Taehyung put the groceries in the car boot. “Tae is it okay if we go to my old house first, I just need to pick some things up.” Hyejoo asked and Googie excitedly clapped his hands in hope of seeing his friends. 

Taehyung pulled up the familiar building and Googie jumped seeing his friends play outside. He asked his mother if he could join them before running over greeting his friends happily. Taehyung followed Hyejoo up to the apartment he would often find himself at on Sundays to spend time with the mother son duo. Hyejoo opened the door, everything left like she had left last time she was here except of the gathering of dust on her furniture. As she contemplated giving it a quick clean she noticed a letter on the floor, the letter she had dreaded for long; The court letters regarding Googies custody.

“Tae.” She managed to call out her voice barely a whisper not knowing who else to call as she clutched the letter with hatred. Taehyung squinted his eyes to see the letter after reading who it was from, he hugged her not knowing what else to do. Hyejoo in her mind was beating herself up for not knowing Hajoon better, he would never leave this quietly he was like an earthquake leaving a broken mess for the others to clean up. Taehyung managed to persuade her to get what she needed so they could discuss with Jimin and Anna before making any rash decisions. She nodded going to her room to get what she needed.

•─────⋅🍓⋅─────•

“I hate that bastard!” Jimin yelled slightly scrunching the papers in his hand which informed Hyejoo of the date of the case as well as telling she was intitled to have a lawyer to advocate her opinions. “Chim calm down, if we doing anything in anger it could mean putting Googie in a care home until the court date and you know that.” Anna reminded her boyfriend to calm him down. Hyejoo looked up at Taehyung in worry of what Anna had said would come true and shook her head. “It’s not going to happen Hyejoo.” He reassured her kissing her forehead in the process. Jimin nodded facing the wall as he leaned against it.

“Hyejoo I’ll be your lawyer I’ll make sure that worthless man doesn’t get to have any custody over Googie. Your just gonna have to work with me without getting upset, stay strong okay.” Anna crouched down in front of Hyejoo holding her hands reminding her she had more than just Jimin beside her now. “Right Taehyung because of this appeal being granted it gives him the right to visit his son at school etc, what we need to make sure is that he isn’t left alone with him okay. If anything happens call my office immediately.” Anna told him her authoritative voice taking over showing how dedicated she was at her job. She barely lost a case, but she was more motivated then she ever was because this determined changing the life of child who had a lot of potential.

Anna gave everyone instruction on what to do in preparation to the case. Jimin was made to do some digging around Hajoon to pick up anything to prove he was unfit to have custody while Hyejoo and Anna would use their catch up dates as digging up from the past and writing evidence and witness statements. Taehyung saying, he would help out when possible and looking after Googie was his top priority. The three decided they would talk to Googie later about the issue not to worry the child seeing as though date was in around June and it was still the end of April.

Googie sat in his room playing with his toys his mind constantly wondering what the adults were talking about. He knew his mother was upset; he had seen her face lose colour as the were coming home. Taehyung reassured Googie saying she needed rest and Googie didn’t pry, taking in his mothers warmth as she hugged him tightly. “If my papa made Mama cry, I’ll hurt him and tell Chim to put him in jail.” He vowed to himself as he punched the air in slight anger.