| Eighteen |

“Mama hurry, Taetae is already here

“Mama hurry, Taetae is already here.” Googie shouted to his mother as he looked out the window seeing Taehyungs car drive into the apartment carpark. “Okay!” Hyejoo shouted back, Googie had been on her back all morning since Taehyung was coming taking them to the petting zoo. Originally, he would only be taking Googie but Hyejoo had opened her big mouth saying how she hadn’t been in a while so Taehyung invited her, knowing she didn’t work weekends leaving her with no excuse.

Taehyung got out the car seeing Hyejoo hold a large picnic basket, helping her carry it. Hyejoo thanked him flustered as Googie told the two adults to hurry bursting with excitement, it looked like he had ate too much sugar. Hyejoo tucked Googie into his seatbelt, sitting beside him.

The jazz music once again filled the car, making Hyejoo feel at ease, not only that but made her realise how much she had changed after becoming a mother. “Hey Googie, are you excited they bought some pandas in?” Taehyung asked remembering the panda he had drawn the other week, ending up on the star wall. “Mama loves pandas.” He stated before watching out the window again.

Taehyung had offered to carry the basket but Googie had asked to be lifted onto his shoulders to see; the tall adults covering the view. Googie kept informing Hyejoo what he saw, Hyejoo nodding and taking pictures of her son and cute animals. She had also bought her polaroid camera hoping to get a picture of her and Googie with the pandas to add to her wall. The three walked around asking Googie if he wanted to pet the animal or not. Googie was actually very scared to touch the larger animals, telling Taehyung to hurry because he was bored.

Hyejoo decided after walking for a while they should sit down and have their picnic at the nice grassy area by the river, which was slightly away from roaming animals knowing her son was scared. Taehyung laid out the blanket, Googie jumping onto it after removing his shoes. Googie sat slightly leaning on Taehyung as Hyejoo neatly took everything out the basket and placed it on the blanket.

“Sorry I only bought juice boxes; I don’t want Googie having a lot of fizzy.” She apologised Taehyung dismissing her saying it was fine, happily stabbing the straw into the box sipping it. Googie struggled to do the same, Hyejoo doing it for him so he could sip his juice like Taehyung.

“This is great!” Taehyung exclaimed out the blue after he had the final bite of his sandwich. Hyejoo jumped slightly making Taehyung apologise with flushed cheeks. “Would you like another?” she asked handing him another neatly cut triangle shaped sandwich. Taehyung could tell Hyejoo had taken her time in preparing their food, everything cut and packed neatly. Taehyung took the sandwich from her trying to ignore the fact that their fingers brushed against one another.

As Hyejoo was cleaning things up, Taehyung took Googie to the small play area. Googie ran to the roundabout joining the other kids. He giggled as they were spun, Taehyung pushing them acting like it took all his strength. Googie stumbled as he got off feeling slightly dizzy so Taehyung held his hand steadying him. Googie then wanted to attempt the climbing frame, Taehyung standing behind him arms ready at all times to catch him. Googies foot happened to slip but Taehyung was prepared, holding him so he could place his foot securely on the brick.

“Mama look at me!” he called out to Hyejoo from the top of the slide. Hyejoo waved to him making Googie giggle before he pushed himself to slide down. Taehyung stood by the bottom to catch him, so he wouldn’t get his shoes muddy, guessing what Hyejoo wouldn’t like it. Googie played a little more Hyejoo pushing him on the swings, Taehyung taking pictures for her. “Shall we go now?” Hyejoo asked Googie to which he reluctantly nodded, pouting as he made his way out the play area.

Googie held both the adults hand, waiting for them to lift him in the air again. The adults trying to take him by surprise continued to walk for a while, Taehyung eventually giving Hyejoo the signal and they lifted him. Giggles and a scream of surprise leaving his mouth. Hyejoo eventually stopped walking, pointing to a small wooden hut to the right. “Look Googie pandas, aren’t they cute!” she awed, Googie nodding in agreement. “Let’s go.” Taehyung started walking towards the panda hut seeing Hyejoo squeal in excitement similar to Googie.

They waited in line to be able to pet the pandas.  Googie complaining about how the line was too long, so Taehyung occupied him with a game of ‘eye spy’. Hyejoo eventually joint in trying to catch the boys out by looking elsewhere when telling them the beginning letter. “I spy with my little eye something beginning with H.” she said looking directly opposite her where there was nothing but a lake with ducks. Taehyung and Googie continued to guess speaking of objects that weren’t even there. Taehyung happened to catch the hotdog stand from his peripheral vision. “Hotdog stand!” he screamed in excitement making Hyejoo cry in defeat.

They were finally able to meet the pandas, sitting on the grassy land as the panda were bought to them. “This is snuggles, he was born three weeks ago.” The pet keeper spoke handing the panda to Hyejoo whose pupils were dilating with happiness. The panda let out a small yawn, hands wiggling in the air. One of the paws clinging to Hyejoo like she was a tree branch or his mother. Her orbs enlarged in aww, tears brimming her eyes. She hugged the panda a little tighter stroking the fur making the panda lean his head against her.

Googie pushed his jealousy away coming forward to pet the pandas fur ever so cautiously. Taehyung captured a polaroid of them remembering Hyejoo’s request. The candid was taken beautifully, Hyejoo smiling at Googies hand petting the panda, while he had his lips parted his tongue peeking through a little, something he did when trying to be careful or cautious.

Hyejoo kissed the pandas head making Googie stomp away. He scoffed as he walked to Taehyung sitting in his lap. Taehyung wrapped his hands around Googie who played with his own fingers. As the three left the panda hut Googie refused to look at Hyejoo.

He sat on Taehyungs shoulder turning his head every time she jumped in front of him. “Googie, Mama is sorry.” Her lips pouted feeling bad about her son ignoring her. Googie stroked his chin in thought, “Fine if you get me a hotdog from there.” He said pointing in the direction of the stand. Hyejoo nodded getting them all a hotdog, Googie kissing his mama on the cheek to show he wasn’t mad anymore.