Prologue

"Under the blessings of the Moon Goddess, the wise and powerful King Zachariah Ansel Duncan, commands Lilith Kes Riley, to be hereby promoted to the position of the General of defense. The second highest position over the warriors only after the King." The Royal Gamma called out loud enough for everyone to hear while everyone remained silent and attentive.

I glanced over at my guardians from over the platform and they looked proud and happy before my eyes stopped at the man who was fated to be my mate. His eyes gleamed darkly with hatred while his face remained stoic but I could see his tightened nerves.

"Ms. Riley." At the soft voice of the king, I immediately took my gaze away from the sea of people and knelt down on one knee in respect, "Your majesty."

"Rise" He gently pulled me up. After taking the badge from the tray, he turned back to me and said, "My deepest congratulations. You earned this, General Lilith Kes Riley."

When I looked up, I was blinded by his earnest smile. It's the first time he has ever showed me such a gentle expression. His emerald green eyes were glistening like the wet leaves under the fresh rays of sun. He looked so happy and proud. It was confusing yet so captivating that I couldn't look away.

At the loud noise of clap and cheers, my body slightly shook and I quickly looked away.

I smiled the perfect smile I'd practiced and accepted their acclamations and compliments.

On the surface, I was on cloud nine for I finally got what I dreamt off but only I knew I was only one step closer to my goal. The goal they know of and the goal which I'm working for are totally different. There is still a long flight of stairs awaiting me before I finally reach whom I want to reach the most. But no matter how much time it takes, I will never give up.

My hand tightened around the badge and I looked at it with a flicker of hope and hidden craziness. Just like the journey until now, I will not give up until I get what I want. I will destroy everyone who stands in my path. I will use any means, any person necessary to reach my goal.

At that thought, my gaze shifted towards Lady Isabella and a sinister smile stretched my lips. I nodded back at her grateful smile and internally laughed at her nescience. She remained completely ignorant of the fact that she was just being 'used'.

She thinks she got a happy ending because it was her destiny and I was just doing my duty but she doesn't know that she was just a pawn in my big game.

My eyes strayed from her and landed onto my next target and at the sight my lips twitched up.

Moon Goddess send me here to protect them but, I am not their savior. I am their doom.

----------------------------------------------

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen
My Dear Readers,

This is the prologue that you've been waiting for. I hope it lived upto your expectations. I wanted to make it dark, I hope I succeeded even a little bit.

I know you people are confused about a lot of things. Don't worry, as the story will progress you will understand.

The first few chapters will be released in two weeks or earlier if ready. I will post the announcement on my profile so please keep checking that.

Also, I am regularly posting one character introduction in the previous chapter of this book or you can find it on my profile.

Please like, comment and share this book to your friends.

Thank you and Love you all,

From EQ