Timeline Explanation (Of Last Chapter)

Ezekiel's/Theodore's birth – A millennium ago

He was seven years old when his mother, Princess Anastasia, died.

He was taken to the Vampire Land by his father, along with his mother's corpse.

During these seven years or so, the Werewolves and Vampires were embroiled in a cold war, with attacks often breaking out on the borders between the two species. THIS IS NOT THE GREAT WERES AND FANGS WAR.

Soon after, Princess Anastasia's parents also passed away, heartbroken at the news of their daughter and grandson's death. In their stead, the eldest son, blessed by the goddess, ascended as the new King.

Several years later (yet to be defined in the story), the royal family was assassinated one night. To break it down, Princess Anastasia's two brothers, their mates, and children were killed, except for a few-month-old boy- likely the youngest son of his second uncle – who survived this massacre.

Ezekiel protected that baby, left him on the doorstep of a kind-hearted young widow werewolf.

Following the royal family's assassination, the werewolves declared war against the Vampires. This war was named the Great Weres and Fangs war.

This war went on for two whole centuries until the werewolf King of that time surrendered and sought a peace treaty, which was easily granted by the Vampire King.

However, this peace treaty was a guise by the Vampires to further dwindle the numbers of the werewolves and have them perish entirely, but the werewolves still held on.

Watching this, Ezekiel established the werewolf council.

The atrocities committed by the council and the vampires against the werewolves lasted for somewhere between half a century to eight decades. This was supposed to be a peaceful period for the werewolves without war under the ongoing peace treaty.

When the werewolves were at their absolute weakest, the Vampires attacked, crushing them between the council and the vampires.

This attack nullified the treaty.

This new war persisted for almost a decade.

When no packs remained in existence and only a small group of werewolves survived, the Goddess chose amongst them a new King, lovingly referred to by his subjects as King Alistair – the saviour of the werewolves.

After 18 long years of war between King Alistair and the Vampires, a new peace treaty was signed, still in effect in the current timeline, with amendments made to it over generations of werewolf kings.

This peace treaty ended the centuries-long hostility between the two species. King Alistair exterminated the werewolf council post the adoption of this treaty.

After this, Ezekiel left his father and the vampire land.

According to the timeline, Ezekiel remained with this father in the vampire land for over three centuries.

(People worried about the baby Ezekiel saved, I'm sure you can understand now. That baby has long been dead. Werewolves live a few decades longer than humans at most, unlike Vampires, who are immortal. Nevertheless, that baby's lineage has been carried on to this day, and currently, his descendant is an Alpha of some pack, as Ethan said in the last chapter.)

I hope this also clarifies the confusion of some readers from ANNM who speculated that the current werewolf King, Zachariah Ansel Duncan, might be Ezekiel's nephew 😂. (No, I'm not laughing at you guys- pfft!) Given the above explanation, this theory becomes baseless. 

Also, please remember this crucial detail: a werewolf king is chosen by the blessings of the Moon Goddess. This differs from Alphas of packs, who are generally chosen based on blood and lineage, like Alpha Tyler, Alpha Carlton, Alpha Lionel. In simpler terms, it isn't necessary that if the current Alpha King is Alpha King, one of his children will succeed him on the throne, no. That's not how it works. Yes, while a werewolf King must have Alpha blood, not all Alphas become King; only those chosen by the Moon Goddess do. There can be only one King at a time. 

There won't be an update tomorrow. My apologies. I'll announce the next chapter's release date on my profile in a few days. 

From EQ