Author's note

Setting: EQ is seated in front of the camera with a script in hand, visibly nervous and fidgety while staring at the camera, feeling lightheaded.

EQ, while filming the intro: "Umm...umm...um...oh god, I can't do this. I'm too shy for this."

(Yells at a person standing alone in a dark corner) "Clarissa! Clarissa! Stop staring at your pendant all the damn time and get your butt here! This is your story, so you do it!"

EQ hands over the script, stands up, and walks away to join the rest of the crew.

Clarissa stares blankly, muttering under her breath: "Coward. You're the reason why my life is so messed up. If only I could kill you! (Almost rips the script.)

Eventually skims through the script and scoffs: Ha!

"I don't have time for this. I need to find my Theo!" (Yells) "Amin!"

Amin rushes over. Clarissa throws the script to him.

Clarissa to Amin: "Time to work for the extra benefits you received." (Clarissa walks away)

Amin skims through the script, faces the camera, and confidently begins with a bright smile: "Hello everyone! I am Amin, my master's Secretary. (Clears throat) I mean Vice-captain Lilith's secretary. I have a message from the master of my master, our ultimate master, EQ."

"Our ultimate master has set up a support page on 'Coindrop'. The concept is similar to 'Buy Me A Coffee'. Here, you can reward our ultimate master with financial support to help boost her writing endeavours. Of course, it's not mandatory. This book will remain free and accessible to everyone, as it should. Your love and loyalty mean the world to us, and we'll be forever grateful if you choose to support us."

"The profile currently only accepts payments through UPI, which means only Indians can support for now. However, our ultimate master is working to get PayPal online and even Bitcoin if possible. We'll inform you when it's up and working. Let us know what other payment methods would be feasible for you, and we'll try to set it up if it's available in India."

"Here is the link to our support page: coindrop.to/elsaquinn

"If you face any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to EQ, either on Wattpad or Instagram (taiyaba_eq_shaikh). "

"Just like my soul livens up whenever my master gives me a bonus, although I haven't figured out how she has so much money to give me a bonus every other day, but yes, likewise, the ultimate master's heart will melt and overflow with gratitude for every bit of support and kindness received. Even if you cannot, EQ loves you all the same, just as she loves all of us!"

Clarissa scorns: Ha! That woman is the reason why my Theo and I are separated. She hates me!"

Amin: "Ahem! As I was saying, money is not everything."

Clarissa, rolling her eyes: "Look who's talking."

Amin, ignoring her: "Your love for the book is important and valuable. We know how much you love us and our life stories, so we hope you continue to read it till the end! (In a soft, genuine affectionate tone) You're the reason why we exist. You're the ones who understand our love and regrets, pain and dreams. You're the ones who breathe meaning into our alphabetical existence. Thank you!" (Bows courteously.)

Clarissa whispers to EQ: "Did you bribe him?"

EQ avoids gaze, mumbling: "...Maybe."

Clarissa sighs heavily: "No wonder he is so indulgent with his praises." (Smirks, glancing at EQ) "Hm, you're not that disappointing. I like how you copied my efficient approach. Good job."

EQ: "Hey! I'm the one who created you and your so-called efficient approach!"

Clarissa defensively: "Don't take the credit all to yourself. I'm my own person."

EQ: "Why, you little-!"

Amin pans the camera back to him: "Hope you'll stick around to see where this journey will lead us and support us! Bye! Have a good day!"

Outro filming with EQ: "Haha (laughing awkwardly) Whatever he said." (Dashes out of the filming studio.)

Hello, guys,

Jokes aside, I'm still too shy and scared to write this because I don't know how the reactions will be. TBH, I'm actually the type of person who prefers to avoid talking about financial matters as I feel it strains relationships. But I don't want that to happen between us. I love you all; you're the reason why I can pursue my writing in some form. I'm not being modest, but I literally can't thank you all enough for that.

I tend to ignore and reject all the contract offers I receive from different platforms. I don't really like their system of paying for each individual chapter; I think it's expensive and wasteful. I know it's beneficial for the authors if it works, I understand it, but I don't accept it. I would prefer to buy the whole book like we generally do with published authors. It's just my personal opinion.

You all probably know the reason why I started writing on Wattpad; I mean I mentioned it many times in the first book, but I never told you why I chose Wattpad. It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but I actually had no money back then and I wanted to read novels. I found this platform where you can read for free, and the rest is history. So, just as I found refuge on this platform, I wanted my book to be a refuge for others. That's the only reason why I'm adamant about keeping it free. But, as many of you wrote to me saying that if I ever publish it, you would love to add it to your collection, so when this book is completed, I'll ask you guys, and if you're still up for it, I'll have it done. I'm genuinely thinking of publishing 'My Only Person'.

But for now, if you'd love to support me, you can head over to the Coindrop site via my link and gift whatever amount your heart and pocket agrees to. You can reach out to me through Wattpad direct message or Instagram if you're facing any issues with the process. And it's okay even if you can't support me monetarily; don't come under peer pressure. Your comments and likes light up my day as it is.

I hope I wasn't rude. As I said, I'm awkward when it comes to this matter. I hope you found the trio entertaining above.

Anyway, thank you for reading this looooong note, and thanks for all the support. I owe you all!