The Princess

(The above-used image does not belong to me. The credit goes to the rightful owner)

I request you guys to please read the note after the chapter. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------

His beauty was incomparable. Even though I loathe him to the point of killing him at the spot but something about him was so compelling that I couldn't move my hands to strangle his neck. As my eyes narrowed on his frowned face, I focused back on him and decided to keep my hatred aside for a moment. I can't let him know how much I detest him but when my eyes took him in again, they turned cold and I internally cursed, 'It's that brat.'

"You." He must have recognized me as he looked at me with anger and aversion.

-----------------------------------------

His power surged through me like a tsunami and it took all the power in me not to fall down and cower before him. His arrogance and hatred irked me. My jaw twitched in animosity, but contrary to my raging mindset, I got on one knee at his overwhelming anger and tried to explain the situation, "Your Majesty, I'm the new Commander in charge of the Elite Warriors."

How in the hell is this brat a King!

He had an air of authority about him and was painfully prideful but never in a million years would I have imagined a passing human to be the most powerful werewolf - the Alpha King!

If he is the king then I messed up badly. He is that same brat from the restaurant who rudely tried to throw me out. I was not only disrespectful but I also offended him. Who would have thought he would turn out to be the one I'm targeting? Dammit! I freely messed around thinking he was a human.

Now that I know almost everything about this pack, I'm sure he simply didn't cover his scent using his werewolf abilities because if he did then I'm confident I would've found it. It must be the work of that blasted witch! She must have helped him. Damn that witch!

I could feel his blazing eyes on me when someone else with a similar aura and power but slightly lower than the Alpha King and the Archduke came into sight and I recognized him instantly.

"Your Majesty, what are you...?" His words trailed off when our eyes met, and he instantly fell silent. His eyes slightly widened but then he bit his lips to hold back the smile and looked back at the Alpha King suggesting, "Your Majesty, you must be tired. Let's do introductions tomorrow."

The power oozing out of him...He must be the Royal Beta.

Can this get any worse?

He is that loyal dog who was ready to throw me out of that restaurant when the brat ordered him to. He was the one who was standing behind him while we were quarrelling in front of the manager. He is the same person who was shielding him while they were being attacked by those rogues in the alley.

Goddammit!

I always took him for his underling, but how was I to know that he is such an important figure? I stepped on myself not once, but twice. This plan is failing before it even began. Someone kill me now!

The King continued to stare at me heatedly for a moment before walking away. I breathed in relief, but then my eyes met the Royal Beta's who looked at me with a sneaky smile before following the king.

Those brats!

My hands tightened into fists to the point where they turned white and I felt a crushing sense of anger taking over me. I thought I would not be able to hold myself back after meeting the king. I was worried that I might kill him right on the spot instead now, I'm worried about my image in his mind. How could I make such a big mistake! Though it's deplorable, I was planning on conquering the King by always displaying the best of me that's why I even got myself registered under a pack and made fake documents of my past life. However, I was so disrespectful to him that he wouldn't even take into account the excuse of me working in disguise for an undercover mission when we met at the restaurant.