Deception for Love

(The above-used image does not belong to me. The credit goes to the rightful owner.)

*Trigger warning. Contains massacre, death, and torture description.

---------------------------------

Clarissa's POV

Just as I predicted, the warriors, doctors, and priests also reacted in the same way upon their arrival.

I sighed again tired already. Working in a group is such a hassle.

When everyone had arrived, Amin gathered them all in one place while I stood on the steps of the Pack house to get a better sight. The warriors were shaking like a new born-baby and some were even crying, the doctors and priests, on the other hand, were doing... okay. Guess it's because of their field of work.

Everyone standing in front of me belonged to the king's pack and Alpha Carmine's pack. The wolves from the rest of the pack are still on their way.

I took my time looking at them individually before speaking loudly for everyone to hear. "Wolves. I know you are all troubled by the monstrous sight before you. I know your heart is shattered beyond measure at the horrendous sight of our brothers' and sisters' cold bodies." No one said a word, a shadow of sorrow hovering heavily above them.

"Someone massacred this entire pack, the pack which believed in unconditional kindness and chances. They slaughtered them like a savage, not even sparing the young and innocent." I glanced through everyone again.

"We do not know the cause of their death yet, we do not know the reason behind this massacre, and we do not know our enemy. In order to find all these answers, I need your help. Will you help me?" My voice overflowing with emotions and as expected everyone answered with a loud-yes. Their adherence to pack bonds ignited. Warriors who were crying wiped their tears and looked at me with conviction.

"Thank you. I assure you all that we will together find the enemy who caused this madness." I smiled lightly as if touched by their sense of devotion.

Now, that everyone is on the same page. I began with my main mission. "It's been more than a day and the bodies are starting to rot. We cannot let our wolf brothers and sisters to be disrespected in their death. Therefore, I need you all to bifurcate into groups and work together to bury everyone in the pack cemetery before sunrise tomorrow. A group of warriors will handle digging grave pits for burial, and the other group will accompany the doctors to help them with whatever they require in examination of the bodies. After examination, pack members who are on their way will help cleanse the body and another group of pack members will transport the bodies to the pack cemetery where the warriors and priests will work together to bury and pray. It will be chaotic. It will be exhausting, but I request you all personally to cooperate with each other to give our brothers and sisters the honour they deserve." As soon as I finished talking, people started murmuring amongst themselves.

"Silence. We do not have time. Commander and I'll be supervising everything and we will be personally checking each body after they get examined by the doctors. My secretary Amin will be overlooking you all, so if you need any assistance, talk to him. Later, Alpha Carmine and his Gamma will personally join us to help."

By the end of my sentence, I looked at Amin and he understood my signal. He bowed to me and the Commander before leaving to bifurcate the warriors into groups as per orders. The doctors quickly set up a make-shift tent for examination with the help of warriors and began working on the bodies nearby.

Just then the backup from nearby packs also arrived. Commander went over to explain everything before allocating them to different groups. One group of warriors was created to gather bodies from all over the pack and a leader was appointed. The leader was given the list of members of the pack along with their profile so that everyone can be recognized and confirmed.