The Beastly Saint

(The above-used image does not belong to me. The credit goes to the rightful owner.)

Content Warning: This chapter contains explicit verbal abuse. Read at your own discretion.

---------------------------------

Clarissa's POV

"Now, let's talk about the matter regarding you and Alpha Tyler." The King pointedly looked at me when he said that.

"Yes...?" I asked, alarmed.

The King had summoned us, along with the Royal Betas, to his office for a brief meeting about the investigation into the waiter and the poison. However, after the discussion, he unexpectedly broached this matter.

"We are offering you a choice," he began.

"Typically, we wouldn't even consider this, but given your amnesia, it becomes a special circumstance," he kept building it up. I patiently awaited the impending bombshell.

"I'm not sure I understand, Your Majesty..."

"Alpha Tyler spoke with us privately after today's meeting. He expressed his desire to have you reinstated in his pack. If you had been a minor, we would have taken the decision as your Alpha. However, since you're an adult capable of making informed choices, we leave the decision in your hands. Take your time to think and inform us of your choice before we leave this pack."

Ah, so this is what he wanted to talk about. He did mention earlier that we would address this issue in private later, but I hadn't taken him seriously.

He was on the verge of dismissing us when I spoke up. "Your Majesty."

I felt Archduke's uneasy gaze on me.

The King turned his attention back to me. At the moment, he appeared calm and cool, making this an opportune moment to tell him.

"I don't need time to think. I've already made up my mind."

One of his arched eyebrows quirked inquisitively as he signalled for me to continue.

"I do not wish to leave the Holy Lycan pack."

"An excellent decision!" The moment I was done speaking, Archduke exclaimed with brimming enthusiasm. He was about to pat me on the back, but I shifted away.

Charlotte chuckled from the other side and embraced me side-ways. "Although I would love to see you return to your birth pack, I would also hate to see you go."

The King, who had been silent after hearing my decision, regarded me with a piercing gaze and warned, "Think it over once more. You won't have this opportunity again."

It seemed as if he was asking me to reconsider under the assumption that we may have become 'close' based on the incident he spectated earlier.

"I'm certain of my decision, Your Majesty."

"Hm. We will speak to Alpha Tyler," he responded curtly, opening a new file and immersing himself in work while we remained huddled on the spacious sofa opposite him.

"Don't worry, kiddo. You made the right choice," Archduke popped in again, attempting to swoop me in a hug this time. However, I swatted his hand away, responding with a cold shrug, "Whatever."

Charlotte laughed again, but this time, her amusement stemmed from a different reason. She was laughing at both of us.

As we looked at her in question, Keith spoke up to clarify, "I was initially concerned, given Lilith's detached attitude and His Highness having a rather brusque manner of speech. But now, observing you two, I realize my worries were unfounded."