Werewulf - A man & A Wolf

(The above-used image does not belong to me. The credit goes to the rightful owner.)

*Trigger warning. Contains description of death, suicide and torture.

---------------------------------

Clarissa's POV

We went to Alpha Carmine's pack and the Luna welcomed us warmly. She fixed us up in the guest rooms of their own house, a benefit of our ranks, while the other members of our pack stayed in the pack house guest rooms.

The rest of the day everyone relaxed in their rooms to shake off the fatigue after getting examined by the doctors in the pack house. I, on the other hand, began working again after a short break. In the privacy of my room, I held the picture and note I found in the Silver Fang Pride's Alpha's photo frame.

The black and white photograph which had gotten slightly yellow, through texture seemed old, like it was captured years ago. In the photograph there were nine men and three women standing side by side smiling at the camera. None of them caught my eye so I read the note. It sure is confusing.

In moon goddess we have faith, in her appointed heir we trust.

In her clemency we believe, in her freedom we preach.

In her words we are bonded, there is no escape.

In her benevolence, we exist.

In her honour, we shall perish.

In her servitude, Alpha's are born.

In her blessing, werewolves are protected.

In her prophecy, the full moon bleeds.

In her divination, the crescent assails itself.

In her warning, stray clear of the false warriors.

In werewulf, there is a man and a wolf.

In future, when only the wer will remain, the goddess will wane.

I have never seen these lines in any of the religious scriptures before so is it a cryptic message? If the Alpha hid it then it is surely important. There must be something about this that I am not able to understand.

I went through the note again. The appointed heir must be the King who is always chosen by the Moon Goddess and not by lineage. The rest of the note seemed pretty useless to me.

However, I am curious about these false warriors? Who exactly are they? Is it talking about people like me who have strayed from the Goddess's path?

I need to look it up when I'm done with this case. I scanned the photograph and note on my phone before hiding it away with the rest of my belongings.

Still, it doesn't help with my main objective of finding information on Council.

Should I just kill everyone?

"You have finally gone crazy." Ellie, my wolf spoke up after a long time of remaining uncommunicative. She no longer sounds cheerful like she used to before. She sounded tired.

"What about you? I know you crave their blood too."

She may try to pretend to be withdrawn but I know hiding underneath it is an incomparable lust for complete destruction.

She didn't say anything because I spoke the truth. Theodore's absence was a major blow to her. She couldn't come to terms with the fact for a long time and always howled for him.