Chapter 10 | Dawn

Todoroki's Pov.

  He definitely didn't expect it to be cold after it was so cold before. It was freezing outside. He was sure the sun didn't rise yet, so this was most likely the extent of how cold it could get.

  Todoroki sat up as he felt something moving next to him. He glanced at what was moving next to him, and then remembered where he was and who was sleeping next to him.

  His face started burning a little bit when it registered in his mind who was there. 

  Yaoyorozu.

  She seemed to be shivering...

  It probably didn't help that she was next to his right side the whole night as well as it being as cold as it was. Todoroki wanted to move her so that she was on his left side because it was warmer, but decided against it because he wouldn't know what to do when she awakened and saw that he was touching her. 

  Instead, he heated up his left hand a little bit and swiped his arm over the top of his side of the blanket. Then, when it was heated up, he flipped the sides so that the warm side was down and facing her side. 

  He felt the slightest bit happier when she stopped shivering. At least she wasn't freezing anymore.

  Todoroki left the tent and his blush faded.  A silent sigh escaped him. 

  He wished these feelings would fade so that things could go back to normal, and he could go back to talking to her without acting weird. Or was he acting normal on the outside and just panicking on the inside? He wasn't sure. 

  "What? Embarrassed that you're sleeping next to your crush?" Ashido teased, walking up to him. It irking him how she laughed at his discomfort. Did she find it funny? 

  "Go away Ashido," he narrowed his eyes at her. He felt red creep up his cheeks 

  "Alright fine," she backed away with her hands up.

  Todoroki walked up to Iida. He needed to find out what he would do now that he wasn't searching for tents. Iida was the only one awake besides Todoroki and surprisingly Ashido.

  "Todoroki," Iida looked up at him when he walked close by, "Did you come for me to assign you a job?"

  Todoroki nodded wordlessly. He didn't want to speak and wake others.

  "We need to purify water... But unfortunately Yaoyorozu has not yet arisen," Iida reminded him, "But when she wakes up, we will start the job."

  'Yaoyorozu needs her rest though... Yesterday she made enough materials for us to make the tents. We've all cheated because we've all used at least one thing she created...'

  "Let her sleep in," Todoroki told Iida.

  "But if we don't drink water, we'll overheat," Iida pointed out.

  "Yesterday she made these tents, lanterns, pillows and more for us. She was so exhausted that she didn't join everyone around the campfire after she ate," Todoroki narrowed his eyes at him, "Don't overwork her."

Momo's Pov.

  She woke up and then might have eavesdropped on a conversation outside her tent. To be fair though, it was about her.

  "Yesterday she made these tents, lanterns, pillows and more for us. She was so exhausted that she didn't join everyone around the campfire after she ate," she could hear.. Todoroki's voice!? And they were talking about her!? "Don't overwork her."

  "She'll feel even worse later if we don't purify water. After she creates a pan so we can boil the water she can take a break for the rest of the day," Iida objected.

  "Don't. Do. This. To. Her," Todoroki restated.

  She felt her face heat up. Momo's heart was pounding hard. She was glad she wasn't out there because she wouldn't know how to respond. 

  Momo couldn't believe she was helping her out right now... She was so grateful... And even if this didn't work, she still wouldn't ever forget this. 

  "I will give her until the sun rises," Iida told him.

  "Thank you," Todoroki said.

  Momo yawned and felt her eyes droop. Maybe it would be nice to get some more sleep...

  She fell back onto her pillow and closed her eyes. Just a little more sleep... Would help her regain her strength...

  "Yaoyorozu," she felt someone touch her left shoulder gently. Their hand was cold... Why was that?

  Was it time to start the day already..? She didn't particularly want to wake up, but it had to be done eventually.

  She yawned, sitting up. Momo rubbed her eyes and then opened them. No one was sitting in front of her... Who woke her up..? She glanced to her left.

  'Todoroki!?'

  Momo smoothed down her short so it was covering her stomach instead of just half of it. Then she smoothed down her hair a little more. Oh! This was so embarrassing... 

  Her heart was beating seemingly out of her chest and her face was most likely pink by now.

  She fidgeted a little bit, and then started speaking.

  "T-Thanks for waking me up..." she thanked him after a moment. She couldn't help the stutter... Why did she have to get so nervous..? She was trying to get closer to him after all...

  She started playing with a few strands of her hair.

  "I'll be out in a minute," Momo promised. She needed a minute.

  Todoroki nodded silently and left her side. 

  When he was gone, she breathed out a sigh of relief and breathed in oxygen. Though she was a little lonely now, she was relieved that he was gone.

  He was making her so flustered... How did she expect to get closer to him this way?! She needed to calm herself around him... She just hoped that she could have a normal conversation with him... Maybe one day. Maybe one day. But for now, she had to focus on helping her classmates.

  She left the tent and then walked up to Iida to see what job she had to do next.