Chapter 25 | Instruments

Todoroki's Pov.

  He walked away from the petals quickly and sat near the fire. He didn't attempt to be rude to Yaoyorozu, but it wouldn't be all that polite for him to regurgitate flower petals over her either. She was worrying over her peers enough already, she didn't need to know about a flower-vomiting disease he had that was caused by her. Not that she was at fault. 

  After sitting there long enough, he glanced around to see Ashido and Hagakure watching Midoriya and Uraraka, who were leaning on each other while sitting on the benches. No one else was awake except Iida. 

  "Todoroki," the Class Representative got his attention.

  He glanced over to Iida instead of answering.

  "Yaoyorozu is getting a break from gathering water today. I realized my err in allowing and making her overuse her quirk when you told me to let her sleep in yesterday," Iida notified him, "Please inform her about this when she wakes." 

  And with that, Iida left him sitting there. 

  A few minutes later, Yaoyorozu, emerged from their tent. 

  She sat next to him, but not too close. They just sat there for a moment and then Kaminari approached them. 

  "Yaoyorozu-" he tried.

  Todoroki couldn't help but glare at the yellow-haired boy. What scheme was he going to snare her in this time?

  "Please! I'm not here to ask you out or anything like that! I promise!" he pleaded, and Todoroki's eyes softened. He still kept an eye on him though.

  "Then what is it?" Yaoyorozu pondered.

  "It's just... I want to do something nice for Jiro..." Kaminari's cheeks turned red slightly and he looked away from them.

  "Like what?" Yaoyorozu questioned.

  "Well... I wanted to remind her of her dorm by making sort of a stage and then filling it with instruments. That's where you come in," Kaminari pointed at Yaoyorozu, "You can make the instruments and then she'll be happy! And I can be like "surprise" and she'll be like "I like it" and then maybe punch me... Well, I know she'll at least secretly like it!"

  "But I still have to help with the water supply..." he sighed, "I don't know if I'll have any energy after that..."

  "Yaoyorozu," he said her name to get her attention, and when she turned her gaze to him, he continued, "Iida gave you today off."

  "Really?" her eyes were shining, "Then it's no problem!"

  She turned back to Kaminari.

  "What instruments do you want?" she asked.

  And after the list was finished, Yaoyorozu stood up.

  "I guess I have some work to do," she declared.

  "I'm coming with you," Todoroki didn't take his eyes of Kaminari.

  "Why..?" she tilted her head to the side. Looking adorable... Well, she wouldn't mind if he tagged along, right?

  'Stop.'

  "So that I know Kaminari won't try to pull anything," he told her, glaring at Kaminari.

  "I swear that's not what I'm doing! You can come along!" Kaminari held his hands up.

Momo's Pov.

  She felt heat creep up her cheeks. Why was Todoroki suddenly so protective over her all of a sudden? She wasn't anyone particularly special who should be worried about... Besides, she didn't need him to protect her...

  "I swear that's not what I'm doing! You can come along!" Kaminari yelped.

  "Where do you want me to create the instruments?" Momo questioned.

  "Follow me!" Kaminari grinned and started sprinting into the undergrowth. 

  Instead of running, Todoroki and Momo just followed slowly. She didn't need to leap into whatever Kaminari had planned, even if it was for her friend. She was following cautiously, just in case. Perhaps Todoroki was right and Kaminari was directing her into a perverted scheme... Although it didn't seem like it, it never hurt to a little extra careful. 

  "You're really going to help him even after all he's done?" Todoroki questioned.

  "He didn't really do all that much to us," Momo replied, "Mineta is the individual to blame for the most part."

  Todoroki didn't say anything. It seemed he was annoyed at her response. Another reason she was helping him was that she was the vice class representative. If he needed something, he was always free to ask. She didn't help him when it came to asking out her friends, however, this was just to do something nice for Jiro. Perhaps it would lead to an attempt to ask her out, but Kaminari thought of this himself. He wasn't just trying to ask her out, he was actually trying to surprise her with something that he didn't need to go out of his way for. 

  Momo let out a soundless sigh. She was happy for her friends... It was just that she was envious. She loathed herself for being jealous of her friends for having crushes who clearly liked them back... For her, Todoroki was a mystery... He barely talked to her much less showed any emotion toward her... She just wished there was a way to get through to him...

  "What took you guys so long?" Kaminari's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. 

  "Yaoyorozu was being cautious," Todoroki was succinct, that was for sure. He took the words out of her mouth. 

  "Well, Sato built a stage and now you can make some instruments," Kaminari smiled at them, "And don't worry, you're not coming out of this deal empty-handed, I'm going to charge your phones for a year for free!"

  Momo nodded and then they all just stared at her.

  "You do realize I'm going to make these out of my back, right?" she glanced at all of them nervously.

  That was then they all turned away from her instead.

  Well she felt like none of them were looking, she lifted her shirt and started creating them out of her lower back. Instruments used to be something challenging for her to make because of all the different materials they could be made out of as well as all the different holes throughout them, but now they were child's play to make after practicing making them for so long. 

  And once she was done, she placed all the instruments on the stage and she left, feeling happy she was able to help her classmates instead of being useless.