Chapter 17 | Nightmare (?)

Momo's Pov.

  "She's... having a nightmare," Midoriya told them after a few moments.

  'No nightmare is this bad! What's really going on? Or is he telling the truth?'

  Momo could only hope that Midoriya would elaborate on that...

  What was going on? What happened to Ochaco? And yet... Ochaco was asleep. Tears were streaming down her face and she looked very sweaty too. She couldn't tell if Midoriya was lying or not.

  She saw Ochaco's pained faces soften a little. She even noticed a soft smile spread across her face. The tears didn't cease still.

  Momo noticed that everyone was gathered around Green Tea's tent now. And now that everyone knew about this scream, they most likely weren't going to let Midoriya and Ochaco off the hook. Momo knew that she wasn't going to just give them a free pass either though. She was going to find out what was happening no matter what .

  "Deku... Thank you," Ochaco murmured. Momo was seriously questioning what kind of dream or nightmare she was having now... Or maybe she was awake and just kidding everyone... But she wouldn't do that, right? No...

  "Is she awake, ribbit?" Tsu asked.

 "This is usually the point where she wakes up soon," Midoriya mumbled. How many other times has this happened?

"Wait," Tsu looked at him, "This has happened before, ribbit?"

  Midoriya nodded, not taking his eyes off Ochaco.

  "Why didn't you tell us!?" Toru shouted in alarm.

  "She never brought it up, and I didn't know if she wanted you to know, so I never said anything just in case," Midoriya admitted.

  Momo sighed along with everyone else. Why would you do this Midoriya?

  She didn't have much time to ponder about that because Ochaco bolted upright.

  "Ochaco... are you okay?" Mina asked her.

  "Something's wrong, please tell us what it is," Momo was so worried... She wanted to hear from Ochaco's own mouth what was wrong.

  "Is there something you're not telling us?" Jiro questioned.

  "Ochaco..." Toru was at a loss for words.

  "I've never seen you like this before, ribbit," concern glittered in Tsu's eyes.

  Ochaco and Midoriya just stared at each other for a few seconds before she hugged him for dear life.

  Momo was actually questioning if they were dating now... Tears didn't stop running down her cheeks though. She couldn't have faked this... There was no way.

  Then Mina said something she didn't expect.

  "Let's leave them alone for a little while guys," Mina suggested, and then most people left, "Meet us outside when you're ready." 

  Momo sat on the end of a bench. Todoroki was sitting beside her.

  Her stomach was churning with anticipation. What was going to happen? What was wrong with Uraraka? 

  She noticed short conversations happening. Just murmurs for two or three to a part of. Momo didn't say anything at first though. She was too scared... 

  "Mineta was trying to pull something while your back was turned," a voice said from next to her.

  That caught her attention. She turned her face to Todoroki. They were so close! 

  Her face was instantaneously dusted in blush and she turned her head forward instead.

  "What was he trying to do?" Momo asked in a low voice. She didn't want to have the loudest conversation.

  "I'm not sure... He was running at you, but then I blocked him," Todoroki responded.

  "Thank you, I don't know what he would've done if you let him get over to me..." Momo glanced away and remembered the sports festival. He had latched onto her back and used her to get farther into the sport's festival as well as touch her...   

Todoroki's Pov.

  "I'm not sure... He was running at you, but then I blocked him," Todoroki replied. He felt a petal in his throat and needed to cough it up. But he couldn't now...

  "Thank you... I don't know what he would've done if you let him get over to me..." he felt her fidget next to him. He wondered if she was uncomfortable sitting next to him... Perhaps she was just thinking about what Mineta might have done if he touched her.

  The petal came back. He needed to get it out of his throat, but didn't know how he could casually cough up a giant petal without anyone noticing. 

  Todoroki nodded to respond to her because he wouldn't know what to say. And also because if he opened his mouth, he would probably end up coughing up the petal...

  A minute later, Midoriya and Uraraka came out of their tent.

  They both had red and pink tints to their faces. But Todoroki's eyes wandered down to their hands. Their fingers were entwined. The only one who ever held his hand like that was his older sister when they were young. 

  He turned his head away. He didn't want to bring back memories. 

  "Will you tell us what's going on now?" Ashido asked. 

  "Yeah," Uraraka nodded hesitantly, "I will..."

  Midoriya and Uraraka sat next to Todoroki. 

  Uraraka was shaking really hard. He was pondering how someone could get this frightened. 

  "That... was the third time I had a nightmare like that..." Uraraka started. Her voice was trembling as much as her body. "Every time... I see something... something... that would never happen, but..."

  A nightmare..? Todoroki was aware that nightmares could be horrible, but how was a nightmare affecting her like this?

  And just like in the tent, Uraraka hugged Midoriya again. Was it just him, or did they look like they were dating..?

  Hagakure ran over to Uraraka saying, "I've never seen you so shaken..." and joining Midoriya and Uraraka in the hug. Then she moved back to her seat after a minute.

  Then Uraraka let go and turned to Midoriya, looking him in the eye saying, "Deku... could you..?"

  Midoriya nodded back, but it was ambiguous to Todoroki what was happening in that moment.

 "In every nightmare she's had..." Midoriya started, "they always have a... different version of me..."

  Why couldn't they be clear about what they were saying..?

  "What do you mean?" Kirishima questioned.

  "A... A villain version."

________________________________________________

Author's Note: Happy New Years! 2020 is over, and even though that fixes nothing with our quarantine problems I'm happy! I'm excited to forget 2020 every happened... So Happy New Years, stay healthy and happy!