Chapter 27 | Tododoki

Momo's Pov.

  It was the next day. It wasn't long since she woke up. The rain was pouring down hard outside her tent, but the little flame burning in the lantern was bright. She wished that all the days were sunny like the first few, but she knew it couldn't always be this way. It didn't exactly keep her warm, but it was nice to have a light. The gloom from the downpour couldn't reach her inside the tent. This was mostly because she couldn't help but be happy that she changed the blanket to be waterproof. At the moment, it was early in the morning. 

  That was when Todoroki started stirring, waking up from his sleep.

  "Good morning," she greeted him when he sat up. Some of his hair was sticking up in the back. She hid her smile and held in a laugh. 

  He blinked his eyes open groggily. 

  "Where..?" he mumbled sleepily and then smoothed down his hair.

  Then their gazes connected and he immediately started to leave the tent.

  "Todoroki wait," she was able to grab his sleeve before he left the tent. She blushed at her forwardness, embarrassed, but she didn't exactly want him to be going outside during the storm...

  "What is it Yaoyorozu?" he questioned looking back at her. 

  "It's raining," she informed him.

  "I know," he nodded, he seemed to really want to leave.

  "At least take this umbrella," she created once out of her arm and then handed it to him. She hoped that it would help protect him from rain like umbrellas were supposed to.

  "Thanks," he took it and left. 

  She needed to leave the warmth of her tent at some point... But she didn't want to have to yet... 

  With a sigh, she created another umbrella and left her soon-to-be-abandoned home. She didn't want to get soaked since she could get sick that way. If she were to fall ill, she wouldn't be able to help her classmates and that wouldn't be good...

  Even with the rain being surprisingly warm, it wouldn't be a good idea to get her shirt soaked... She thought back to the times when water made her shirt see-through. 

  "Good morning Iida," she approached the class representative.

  "Salutations," he acknowledged her, "Would you assist me in informing everyone that we will all be going on shifts to fish?"

  "Of course," she nodded, "But why are we ignoring all the other activities?"

  "We risk falling ill if we are out in the rain for a long period of time," he explained, "We don't have the proper medications to deal with that."

  She nodded in understanding.

  "We won't be able to get a fire started..." she fidgeted uncomfortably at the thought, "Perhaps we should go out in search of berries instead?"

  "Good thinking Yaoyorozu," he agreed, "We can't eat fish raw."

  "I can go out with someone first and we can collect a majority of food and then you can send another group," she suggested. 

  "It seems Tsu isn't affected by the rain," he noticed, "You can leave with her."

  "Okay, I'll tell her and we can get going," she grasped two baskets and walked toward her friend.

Todoroki's Pov.

  'That was too close.'

  Todoroki nearly let petals escape his mouth back at the tent. He wished he was able to greet her at the least. He was being rude earlier. Maybe he could've been more polite...

  As he retired to the campsite, he realized that Yaoyorozu wasn't in their tent or around the campsite.

  "Are you searching for Yaoyorozu?" Iida questioned.

  "No," he shook his head. Though, he knew that he was in fact looking for her. He didn't want to admit that to anyone. They didn't need to know. Especially Midoriya. He had nothing to do with this. All Midoriya needed to do was stay away from Yaoyorozu. 

  "Hi," Ashido dragged out her greeting.

  Todoroki didn't even care to respond this time. He barely glanced at her. He just wanted her to leave him alone.

  "Thought of confessing yet?" she wondered.

  Maybe if he just ignored her, she'd go away. 

  "Come on! You know your heart goes Tododoki when you see Momo," she elbowed him.

  'Did she just-'

  "You really just said that, didn't you?" he grumbled.

  "What? The Tododoki thing?" Ashido said it again.

  "Yes the "Tododoki" thing," he was beyond irked at this point. Why wouldn't she stop?

  There were a plethora of things she could be doing now, but for some reason, she insisted on disturbing him even though it was raining. 

  "Welp, I just wanted to tell you that your time is almost up to get the surgery," Ashido told him, "It sucks that we're all stuck out here because you don't even have a choice to get it or not."

  "Don't remind me," Todoroki didn't even want her to talk to him at all. 

  "Have fun with that Tododoki!" she waved goodbye and left. 

  Was she going to continue calling him that forever? He didn't want her to. He resented this new nickname. What if she convinced everyone else to say that?

  "Tododoki, that's hilarious!" he heard another voice behind him. It was the other idiot of his class: Kaminari. 

  "Did you hear the rest of the conversation?" he questioned. 

  "Nah, just the Tododoki part," he laughed.

  "If you tell anyone about this, I will kill you," he threatened.

  "Haha..." Kaminari let out an anxious laugh, "I won't... I won't..."

  "Did you hear anything else?" he glared at the yellow-haired boy.

  "No, just her say "Have fun with that Tododoki!", and saw her leave," Kamianri started laughing again. 

  "Yaoyorozu and I knocked Mineta unconscious yesterday," Todoroki sharpened his gaze, "You could meet the same fate if you don't stop."

  "Bye!" was the last he heard from Kaminari in the conversation. At least he was gone.

  "I hope no one else bothers me today..." he muttered under his breath.

  "Todoroki," he felt a hand on his shoulder.

  "Who is it now-" he nearly shouted, but then lowered his voice once he realized it was Yaoyorozu.

  "S-Sorry..." she stuttered, looking guilty, "I'll leave now."

  "Wait," he stopped her, "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you. Ashido and Kaminari were bothering me... I thought it was one of them..."

  "It's okay," she forgave him, "I was about to ask if you wanted to come with Tsu and me to the forest."

  He couldn't find the words. Instead, he just nodded his head and they all walked into the forest. For some reason, he didn't want Asui there... Instead, he wished it was just him and Yaoyorozu...