Chapter 29 | Ashido Gets Mad

Todoroki's Pov.

  He enjoyed their conversations about the world. Anything and everything felt like something they could discuss. She had so many different views on the world that he never thought of before. He was learning so much about her through talking to her. Somehow, they managed to speak until evening. By then they had already eaten.

  "I'm glad I got the chance to talk to you like this," she gave him another sweet smile that made his face heat up.

  He just nodded when nothing came out of his mouth. 

  "Maybe we could do this again some other time," she yawned and put her head down on her pillow. After covering up with the blanket, she started speaking again, closing her eyes. "I think I'm going to sleep for now."

  "Good night," he muttered when her breathing started to slow. She seemed so peaceful...

  He felt a small smile spread across his expression, so he had to shake his head to get his face back to normal. 

  As he suspected... His affection for Yaoyorozu skyrocketed after this... How should he deal with these feelings that he just wanted gone? 

  Sure, Yaoyorozu was beautiful inside and out. She was the sweetest smile. Her opinions were worth listening to. She had the kindest heart. She overworked herself for the comfort of others. She thought through things logically. She actually wanted to socialize with him even after all those times he tried to leave...

  Todoroki sighed. He didn't deserve someone like her even if she had feelings for him. 

  "Are you alright Todoroki?" she questioned. Apparently, she was still awake.

  He nodded his head, but when he saw her eyes were still closed, he answered her.

  "I'm fine," he told her. 

  She only hummed in response and her breathing slowed once again. 

  That was when petals rushed up his throat faster than before! He needed to get out of there fast!

  He left the test without waking her up and then made his way to the forest quickly without letting the others realize he was gone. Of course, most of them were in their tents, but a few of them were standing outside in the rain. As soon as he was out of sight, he used his ice to get farther into the forest. As petals erupted from his mouth, he had to stop using his quirk and let them all out. 

  This was the most petals he had seen... Were they bottled up inside him the whole day from talking to Yayorozu?

  "Todoroki!" a voice behind him shouted. Not too loud for the others to hear he hoped, "You're at this point!? You seriously might die in two weeks!"

  He turned around to see a fuming Ashido. He'd never seen her this mad... Ever. 

  "I can't believe this!" she threw her arms up, "I can't believe you!"

  "What do you-" he was cut off.

   "What do I want!? What do I want!? I want you to live! This isn't about only Momo, though she's the reason you have Hanahaki!" she stamped her feet against the ground, "I'm not going to let my classmate die because of something that he can easily do!"

  "I-"

  "No! No you can't just survive! When you get those thorns, you're going to see!" she continued, "When you die, everyone who cares about you will be upset that you couldn't confess to a girl! On top of that-"

  "I don't have that many people that care about me, thank you very much," he growled at her. 

  "Yes you do! I'm not even talking about your family whatever issues you have there!" she just didn't stop, "I'm talking about Midoriya, Ochaco, Tsu, Iida, me, and Momo too! I'm only getting started on that list so don't go telling me that no one cares about you surviving or not!"

  Ashido stomped away, more furious than he'd ever seen her be. 

Momo's Pov.

  During their conversation, Todoroki shared opinions, but they were... Not sad... Just kind of dark sometimes. It was that or he didn't talk. She did appreciate what he had to say because it opened her mind... It was just that she wanted to get to know Todoroki better. Not about conversations about other things. She wanted to ask about him. Would that be moving too fast? Would that make him uncomfortable? 

  She sat near the fire to warm up, she sighed in relief after realizing that this was the last day they needed to spend out here. As much as the hot spring was wonderful, she enjoyed actual baths better... Once she got back to their dorm, she was going to take a nice, long bath and soak in there for s long as possible. 

  'One more day... I just have to keep this up one more day...'

  She covered her yawn and waited for Todoroki to leave his tent. It might be early, but she was already up. Luckily, there were only a few cumulus clouds in the sky so it wasn't probable for there to be rain. At least in the morning. Rain later in the day wasn't expected, but it was still possible. 

  The sun was starting to travel through the cerulean sea overhead. She could only hope that the star would set soon, but it was only morning. She couldn't expect it to be night right away, but the day might go by fast. 

  'Maybe after yesterday, I'm an inch closer to uncovering the mystery of Shoto Todoroki...'

  Perhaps not, but she certainly felt more connected to him after talking for a few hours. And even that made her feel closer to him. 

  It was important to her to get to know Todoroki better because she wanted to be his friend at the least. She wanted to make him smile if it was possible. 

  "Yaoyorozu," the boy in question called her name to get her attention. 

  "Hi Todoroki," she smiled at him, "Excited to get through our last day here?"