Where is my mind? Part II

Summary:

Part II
Some answers are revealed to you in unexpected ways but at least you are back to the case, helping the team.
And you're closer to the unsub that you'd previously thought.

Notes:

i have to study for finals but here i am not doin it :)
(also idk why i write so much honestly, I apologize guys)
Loads of angst and hurt but it will not be a long wait.

When you climb into the plane right after Hotch, the others do not even try to conceal their surprise, which about makes the situation worse. But you don't let it get to you. It's been two days that you hadn't been involved in the case, and you fear it's too late to get briefed again. You plant yourself in the free seat in front of Hotch, worried that if you're too far, you will be left out again.

"Y/LN is back in" he simply says to the others, face stern. Emily on his side glances at you and offers a small smile. "She's the only who knows the case from back then."

When the seatbelt signs turn off, everyone huddles close to one another ready to share their thoughts in order to make a plan of action. Hotch is the first to speak.

"In the 2000s I was asked to consult for a case by Agent Aria – a series of burglaries in New York that she was convinced were by the same group in Dallas. She didn't have any evidence but she was convinced that the behaviors in both cities were the same – she just needed my confirmation so she could go ahead and request a task force."

He opens the folder - the same one you realize that he'd been searching for in his office and carried back here - over the table, and turns it to everyone else.

"There were three suspects – Oliver Cook, Elijah Luka, both young and physically fit to carry the acts, and an older unsub that we couldn't identify. We had a witness describe him and a sketch."

He flips to the middle of the folder, taking out a piece of paper with the drawing of the face of a late 40 years old man, deep-set eyes, strong jawline and big head of blonde hair – all hints of resemblance to Ronin, and you'd recognize that face everywhere after you'd searched him yourself in the system. That's Paul Revi. You look at Hotch – he thinks th e unsub 's Paul Revi ?

But Rossi asks before you do.

"You think that is Paul Revi?"

Hotch nods.

"We thought he was the planner and the one who came up with the locations. But he wasn't."

Reid frowns. He's already read the entire document and digested the information.

"He's too disorganized to be able to pull these off" He finishes for Hotch, who in turn confirms.

"But all other signs pointed that this was a 3-men job, and that two of them had to be Cook and Luka. They confessed to it, but they never gave the name of their partner."

"So, we are going to talk to them in prison?" you ask, speaking for the first time before them all since Monday.

Hotch nods, "If this is what we assumed – that the unsub was a member of the bank heists, hunting the remaining ones, then he's specifically doing it to send a message to Reus."

"Leaving the body at his house was the clearest way to threaten him" Prentiss says.

"And he'll be going after Paul Revi next"

His eyes trails over the others as he gives them their respective duties.

"Reid and I will head to the prison. JJ and Morgan to the crime scene in New York, and Prentiss – I want you to talk to the families with Rossi."