Say It

Summary:

Hunting for Reus is slow and when you make it back home, you decide to do something unexpected - call Hotch.

Notes:

It's happening folks (that's all I will say)

Hunting down Reus is the single most strenuous thing you've had to do in your career and searching for him hadn't been that long. Since leaving the BAU it had been almost 3 months – without counting the time he'd first emerged. The organizations involved were more than familiar with him, and without any limit to their research on him. The involvement of the CIA in particular pushed the matter to become more urgent. Apart from his father, Jonathan Reus had made more than a lot of friends in prison and finding him meant taking information from him (if he were to ever agree). Interpol on the other hand was made aware of him since he had made attempt to conduct another robbery not too far from Paris. The investigation takes you to France at first. 

"This guy is genuinely trying to set up some new connections. I'm impressed" says Junie, standing under the shadow of the tall person next to her – Olivier. Both of them, late 30s, extremely different in appearance – height and features, as well as style, are Interpol agents. They conduct analysis and make connections between crimes occurring in different parts of the world, so the responsible police officers can then make an arrest. After the trial on the Bank of France in Paris – unsuccessful for Reus and co – they'd found another unsuccessful trial in Bordeaux. 

Olivier huffs at that. "He's failing so you shouldn't be" 

"Are you saying you're sad he failed?" you try to joke but they both stare at you like you've gone mad. 

"No," Olivier says, "I'm saying that while he's trying to continue the work with the Arles Gang, he's not been very good at it" 

You try to think on it for a second. It had been almost 4 hours now in this conference room and none of you had come up with a new approach to Reus. You just knew where he had been. You wanted to know where'd he go next. 

"He's not fitting in with them" you say, mostly to yourself. You think back to what Spencer had said once, that this guy was perfecting his methodology. You look up at the two agents. Junie is already back on her computer while Olivier stays put. "He's going to leave this team and join another." 

"What makes you so sure of that?"  

You turn to the voice behind you – always too quiet in the conference room but never around the office or in the field, Martins, the man who spoke, was spitfire. And it was his temper and his need to get to his own goal that made this job a bit more stressful than anything else. He was the CIA agent, not active most times, but hovering around. Supposedly, but not officially, making sure you all knew how pressing the matter of finding Reus was. Like you didn't fucking know  already.  

"His behavior" you reply, keeping your voice calm, "he's always been the one taking charge and assembling people. He's a dominant, and he has to lead." 

Martins steps forward, crossing his arms over his chest. Still unconvinced.  

"Then why did he join the Arles team? Are you saying you've been following them for no reason now?"