•Twelve•

Mackenzie's P.O.V. 

"Ryan," I yelled from down the stairs. 

"Ryan!!" I yelled again. Ugh he probably had his headphones on. 

I ran upstairs and first looked in his sisters room, not there. I checked in the movie room, not there either. I checked in the indoor pool room, not there. If he's in his room and I checked everywhere but there, I'm going to scream. I went to the other side of this damn huge house and found him in his room. A miracle, he's barely in here. He was hunched over his desk drawing as his headphones were blasting out rock music. He got that from his father that's for sure. 

I walked over to him and slightly caressed his back. Startled, he looked up. He fixed his glasses which where about to fall off and took off his headphones. 

"I made you lunch. Just in case you wanted, if you don't that's fine. You okay?" I noticed the red in his eyes. 

He sighed and nodded hesitantly. 

"What is it?" I asked him. 

"Nothing really. Other than Caleb stealing my part in the lead of our school's band concert." Of course. The infamous Caleb. The kid who always steals Ryan's parts, ladies, and pretty much everything. 

"Well, it was to be the lead singer and pianist, right?" When he nodded, I continued. 

"Okay then. Beat him at his own game. Work on your singing a bit more and make sure you're able to control your voice when singing, you can practice that first. Then, work on playing the piano a little bit everyday and work on something new if anything. That way you've mastered both things. Start practicing now. The concert is in a month. Show your teacher you deserve this." 

He smiled as he wrote everything I said down. "Thank you so much, Aunt Kenzie." He hugged me tightly. I ruffled his hair and kissed it. 

"You're welcome, Ryan. Now, come eat lunch with your siblings before one of your parents come home." He got up and ran downstairs to the dining room. I passed by Elizabeth's--Ryan's mom, my best friend--frames and saw him. It's no wonder I can't get him off my mind. He's everywhere. 

"Kenz!" I heard Nathan-Elizabeth's husband, Ryan's dad- screaming my name from down stairs. I walked as fast as I can downstairs and see Nathan's face red with tears pouring out of his eyes. 

"Nathan, oh my gosh, are you okay?" I walked toward his side and helped him walk over to the black couch. I went to the kitchen and poured him a glass of water. 

When I gave it back to him he was shaking. This was honestly scaring me. Nathan is one of the strongest guys I know. He barely showed emotion, which sometimes cause problems between him and Elizabeth. But to the point where he's shaking means this has got to be really serious. 

"Kenz, I don't know how to tell you this. But, umm, I got a call like an hour ago from-" He was interrupted by Elizabeth barging in the house. With a stern look shed pointed her index finger at Nathan. He shut up. 

"You don't speak of a things. Kenz, babe, you should go home. We've got it from here." 

"What? No, no, don't worry. I can help out, Nathan was just about to tell me what's wrong." 

"There's nothing wrong. He just got hurt at work today. The usual. It just hurt him much more this time. Don't worry. Go home. Take a rest. If you need me I'm here for you, okay?" I nodded confused. 

"Okay, ummm. Well, the kids are eating lunch right now. I had a couple of loads of laundry done, so yeah. Alright, see ya," I waved at them and got in my car. 

I drove back home feeling confused. They both knew something I didn't, obviously. As I pulled up to my community I got a call from my mom. Ahh, I haven't talked to her in a couple of days. I missed her. 

"Hi, mom!" I answered the phone. 

"Hi, sweetheart. Where are you right now?" 

"Oh, umm, I just pulled up to the community." 

"Can you drive over here? Or would you like us to come over?" She asked as I parked my car. Another car was parked. Weird. I'm not expecting anyone. And that surely doesn't look like a car anyone I know has. 

"Mom, I'm going to call you back someone's in my driveway." She gasped slightly. 

"No, Kenz you need to hear this from me first." 

"Sorry, mom. I can't keep them waiting longer. I'll call you as soon as they leave. I love you, momma," I ended the call. 

I got out of the car and grabbed my purses as I walked up the driveway. 

"Hello, who are you?" 

"Hey, I'm Richard Baskin. I come looking for a Mackenzie Ziegler?" He looked down at the paper in his hand and up at me. 

I nodded warily. "That's me." I moved past him to get to the door of the house. 

"Would you like to come in?" I asked him as I unlocked the house door. 

He took of the hat he was wearing and nodded. "Sure." 

I placed my things down on the counter and faced him. 

"Now, what is it that you need from me?" 

"It concerns Johnny Orlando. Umm, ma'am I'm sorry. Johnny's dead. 

Hiiiiii, loves!! I'm working on chapter 13 right now to have it uploaded as fast as I can. Happy holidays!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Love you, Zoey! <3 

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!