•Fifteen•

Kenzie's P.O.V. 

It's been the most excruciating last few weeks. Staying in Canada has been hard. With only a few clothes, barely any money, and food every 2 days or so, I truly felt like dying. The love of my life has truly been announced as dead. Dead. As in gone, poofed, not coming back to existence. Not ever again. The one I loved the most was gone. And that truly freaking sucks. 

Lauren called me around 10 minutes ago. I declined. Mom called me 20 times in the past 2 hours. I declined. Maddie even called, what a shocker. I'm the main character in the life of grieving. No one would leave me alone. I'm tired. I'm grieving. I'm alone. I don't have my best friend, my fiancé, the one who would sacrifice everything in life to make sure we're together. The person who gave me happiness.  

I'm so tired. I wonder how he felt like in his last moments? I wonder, did he ever think of me? Did he miss me? I know I miss him. I love him. I wanted to marry him. I wanted our wedding to happen. Gosh, I need sleep. 

And so I went to bed, I had a dream. The church bells rang and the sun glowed brightly . The aisles were covered in flowers-evergreen candytuft-the aisle I walked down had its petals on the ground and the dress I wore dragged some along with it. A white long beautiful dress that had a long tail to it. It was a simple one though. I love him, sure. But I wasn't in love with him, like I was with Johnny. 

As the priest spoke the vows my soon-to-be-husband replied with his, "I do." I, on the other hand, took a while. I hesitated. In front of everyone, family and friends watching us on the steps. And it was worth it all to see you, Johnny. To see you walk inside the church and say, "Now I told you if I didn't come back you can marry again, but I'm right here, love." And I can swear something inside of me broke. Because I looked at you like those 5 years without you never happened. 

I woke up gasping as I take in what just happened. I had a dream I was getting married... with someone that's not Johnny. I don't know how I feel about that.

I walked over to the bathroom and washed my face with cold water for a couple of times and then rubbed my eyes with the cold water. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked so tired. I mean, I am tired.

I walk back to the bedroom and turn on the T.V. The news headline is what caught me off guard.

"Missing person report on Johnny Orlando may be close to being solved. The young adult male was reported missing by his captain while away being a service to the United States. A body, unrecognizable was just found in the deep woods where witnesses say they believe to have seen Orlando last. His family has been contacted and will be heading over to identify his body. Or of it is his. We will keep you updated here on channel 15 everyday at 10 P.M."

I look over at the bottom of the T.V. screen and see it's 5 A.M. And I realized maybe that's why I was getting calls all day. Because there is a possibility Johnny is alive and well.

And with that thought I jumped out of the bed and grabbed my phone from its charging place and I called my mom.

Hey hey hey!! How are you guys? I suck at keeping a schedule for writing, I apologize. My motivation for this year has been extremely slim and am constantly tired, too tired to even write. I apologize again and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thoughts?

Vote and Comment, please!
Xoxo, Zoey <3