•Thirteen•

Mackenzie's P.O.V.

BTW!! This is set 2 years after Johnny left (after they graduated). 

Check out Chapter 12 before this one! Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for all of the support I love you all!! -Zoey <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Johnny has been declared dead as off last night 11 P.M. He went missing for a couple of days, then weeks, it's been almost 2 months and we can't seem to locate him. We tried. I'm sorry for your loss." He bid his hat, left the piece of paper on the counter, and left. 

I fell to the ground and sobbed. 

Johnny? Dead? No no no. This can't be. This isn't real. This is a dream. Kenzie wake up, stupid. I pinched myself and it pained me rather than woke me. Stop, this isn't real, Kenz. The love of my life can't be dead. My fiancé isn't dead. He promise he'd come back to me. I scurried to my purse and grabbed my phone I tried to see past my blurry eyes and I called Meredith. 

She answered on the 2nd ring. "Momma Mer, please tell me it's not true." I said after hiccuping every couple of seconds. 

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I didn't think it was either. We're currently planning the funeral. We understand if you can't help out or make it but we love you either way." 

"I'll be right there." I ended the call and wiped my tears as best as I can and just grabbed my keys and wallet. I drove as best as I can. I know I am in no condition to drive but I had to. I have to do this for John. He deserves this at least. 

I got there in 20 minutes. I could've gotten there faster but traffic had me delayed. I knocked on the door, Lauren let me in. It's been a couple of months since we've seen each other. I rush and tackle her in a tight hug. She soothed me while I cried on her shoulder. I heard her crying so I wiped my tears and looked at her. I moved the pieces of hair covering her face away from her and wiped her tears. 

"I love you, Lolo. I'm sorry for not being here for you sooner. I just can't believe this is real. He has to be alive. I feel it." She nodded. 

"I know, Kenz. I had a hard time processing it as well. If anything, we just have to pray that one day he comes home safely." 

I walked to the dining room where Johnny's family were all writing on paper or on their laptops organizing John's funeral. I-I think I'm going to throw up. Oh gosh, Kenz, deep breaths. You've got this.  Don't think about anything but breathing. Once I was finally able to calm my nerves down, I sat down next to my mom and kissed her cheek. 

"Hi, sweetheart. If you feel overwhelmed you let me know and we go and take a breather outside." I nodded at my mom's reliving words. 

"So, so far we have the flowers prepared-"

"Poppy's, right?" I interjected. Poppy's are Johnny's favorite flowers. 

Maddie-Johnny's eldest sister-nodded and smiled. 

After around an hour of just talking my mom decided she was going to go home. I honestly didn't feel like being alone after everything that happened today-even though I considered it a lot-I've decided to stay over with Lauren and have a sleepover, if you will. 

"You know I've actually missed you a ton?" Lauren said as I came out of the bathroom wearing John's clothes. The ones he used to consider his favorites. 

"Yeah well I've missed you a ton as well. Life has been a hassle if I'm being honest. I started babysitting for Nathan and Elizabeth like 4 months ago. I found a job at Barnes and Nobles and have been working there for a while as well. College... I don't even know. The first year was fine but then I started second guessing everything so I ended up putting it off for a while until I can focus on it. Now, with everything going on, I don't see that happening for at least another year and a half." 

"I get it. I'm sorry, Kenz. For not checking up on you at all lately or not even swinging by your place. I know I've been a bad friend. There's nothing to excuse that. I hope you can forgive me and believe me when I say that I will be a better friend, I mean it." Lauren said as she snuggled me closer. 

We ended up watching a couple of movies, by the time we fell asleep it was 2 A.M. 

I woke up around 8 A.M. since everyone was still asleep I quietly grabbed my things, got in my car and drove home. I got in bed as soon as I got home 

Yesterday was a very stressful day. I need space away from everyone for the next couple of days. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiiiii!! Here's chapter 13, I hope you enjoyed it!! Happy New Years to all of you! I love you and all and please continue to take care of yourselves!! Xoxo, Zoey! <3