Chapter 2: Touchy Subjects

Cerise sat in the dark living room, scruitinizing her older sister as she tugged the knots out of her hair for the first time in an obvious while. If it weren't for her haggered exterior, the two would have looked like twins. They had the same strong jawlines, bright eyes, and fluffy ears, the only difference was the streaks in their dark hair. Cerise being white, and Ramona red.

    "I thought you'd be happier to see me," Ramona said with an exaggerated pout. 

    "I thought you would be using your own clothes," she retorted. Ramona glanced around the corner at their parents. They were speaking in quick, hushed, tones. Through the years they seemed to have forgotten that Ramona also had inherreted their father's enhanced werewolf hearing.

    "What's this I hear about a wedding?" She asked with a sly smile. "You never mentioned anything about a wedding."

    "I didn't think it was the right time."

    "YOU didn't think?" She repeated as though it was a question. "Are you saying it's YOUR wedding?" She asked with surprise. "Does this mean my little sis is getting married right out of highschool?"

    "I would rather not say."

    "You are! What's his name?"

    "Ok, it's one thing for you to borrow my clothing. It's another thing for you to come home and start acting like nothing has changed." Cerise's temper was slowly rising. "You went away for five years, you have missed too much for me to just open up and pour my entire heart out to you."

    Ramona opened her mouth to talk, but no words came out. She looked hurt. The contrast to her usual stoic expression was startling. She set down the brush she was using and stood to leave.

    "I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll rub off on you sooner or later. I'm going to bed." She stomped off out of the room not even pausing to look back.

    Cerise hadn't meant to be so rude, but all the stress of the wedding planning was getting to her. She wanted a small and simple wedding. Nothing big, just a few loved ones in the middle of the woods. 

    Sadly, this was not what Daring's parents wanted. They wanted to proclaim the royal wedding across the land. They wanted everything possible to make it the grandest and most austentacious wedding ever seen.

    They tried to make this point reasonable by saying that it would be a royal wedding. This excuse was thrown out the window as it was not in fact a "Royal Wedding". To the public's great surprise, Daring had abducated from the throne a few months ago. The next in line to ever possibly have a royal wedding was his younger brother Dexter.

    Cerise sighed and leaned back in the lumpy, torn, couch. The wedding was set for a week from now, but the couple was now seriously considering pushing the day back. Cerise shook her head. Ramona had the right idea. Perhaps for now, it would be best to go to bed.