Chapter 12: Happily Ever After

Cerise stepped out of the carriage and into the dense wood where it had stopped only moments before. She glanced at the tracks left in the snow by the horses, following them with her eyes to a sign that brilliantly displayed the words "Just Married".

    "Daring," Cerise giggled. "where are we?"

    "In a place," Daring grunted as he stepped down from the carriage. "That I hope will be filled with many happy memories for the both of us."

     "And that is?"

    "Now why would I spoil my wedding present to you?" The two laughed. "Close your eyes."

    "Why?"

    "Just close your eyes, I'll lead you." Cerise did as she was told. "Now take my arm, I don't want my new wife getting lost."

    "Ok." Cerise linked her arm with his and the two were off. Daring led her through the forest for what seemed like forever in Cerise's hexcitement.

    "Alright. You can open your eyes now." Daring said sweetly.

    Cerise looked up to see Daring smiling at her with the largest, goofiest, smile she had ever seen in her life. Snow was now falling lightly, adding a fresh layer of white to the forest floor surrounding them.

    Daring stepped aside, drawing Cerise's attention to what lay ahead of her. A few yards away stood a quaint little log cabin, Cerise could see a roaring fire through the frosted windows. Smoke billowed from its brick chimney and snow blanketed the roof. It was perfect.

    "Is this..." Cerise gasped. "Is this our home?"

    "If you want it to be."

    "Yes, I love it." Cerise cried.

    "I knew you would," Daring said happily.

    "Well... Are you gonna show me around?"

    "Only if you let me carry you inside."

    Cerise grinned from ear to ear. Daring took that as a yes. He lifted Cerise off of the ground and took up a heroic pose. Smiling, he carried Cerise lightly into the home and closed the door with his foot. And with that, the two lived Happily Ever After. The End.