Chapter 10: Claws, Teeth, And A Whole Lot of Sisterly Love

Cerise could feel her sister's hot breath pulsating down on her face. It smelled terrible. The scent of freshly eaten rabbit laced the oxygen emanating from Ramona's bloodstained mouth. Cerise struggled back and forth under her weight but could not break herself free.

    How had it come to this? Cerise was supposed to be able to apologize before Ramona's mind had completely left her. But now, it seemed too late. Cerise could hear the crowd around her panicking. She caught glimpses of Daring as he attempted to figure out how to break up the two without harming either of them.

    Cerise made up her mind. She was going to fight, really fight, her sister. There would be no reasoning with her in this position. She would have to overpower Ramona before anything seriously bad happened.

    Cerise grabbed a handful of her sister's hair and tugged as hard as she could. Ramona howled in pain. Ramona's claws dug deeply into Cerise's arms, but she didn't care, she just had to get her off. Cerise clung to Ramona's shoulders and rolled.

    She had intended to make it so that she was the one on top, but instead the two rolled off the side of the podium. The two separated as they hit the ground. Cerise got up as quickly as she could, but Ramona was just as fast. The two attacked each other. All the onlookers could seem to identify was a pile of kicking, screaming, and biting.

    Things weren't going well. Cerise was on the losing side and she couldn't seem to reverse the situation. At that moment a brilliant idea hit her. Cerise had remembered one of their fights as pups, a fight in which she had discovered that Ramona had sensitive ears. Reaching past Ramona's thrashing arms she gripped one of her sister's fluffy ears.

    "Ow!" Ramona yelled. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, OW!"

    Cerise tugged her over so that Ramona was in a position that made it so she could not leave without hurting herself.

    "You can let go now," Ramona grunted.

    "Not until you stop fighting."

    "Ok... ok." She breathed

    Cerise released her warily. "Why did you attack me?" She asked.

    "I was striking preemptively."

    "Wait, you mean you thought I was going to attack YOU?!"

    "Yeah, why else did you ask me to come to your wedding after saying you wanted me out of your life forever?" Ramona now looked thoroughly confused.

    "Because I wanted to apologize!" Cerise gasped. "I realized that no matter what in my life you ruin, you're still my sister... no matter how much I would like to deny your existence."

    "Oh..." Ramona blushed and put her ears back in embarrassment. "I thought you wanted to off me after the wedding..." 

    "Off you?"

    "Yeah, now that seems like a very stupid conclusion to jump to."

    "Yeah, it does." Cerise folded her arms and frowned. "What on earth made you think of it?"

    "I don't know, I guess I just wasn't thinking." Ramona looked down at her hands. "I'm sorry."

    "I'm sorry too. I should never have sent you away. Can you forgive me?"

    "Only if you forgive me." The two laughed and shook hands. After all these years, Cerise felt as though she had finally made peace with her sister. "Well, don't let me stop you again," Ramona said sitting down in a seat. The person next to her shifted nervously. "You've got a wedding to finish."