Chapter 8: A Father's Love

Cerise stared at herself in the mirror, and while that must sound horribly vain, she had a good reason. She had gotten a new wedding dress and had to make sure it fit... ten minutes before the wedding.

     Cerise had been anxiously waiting for this day ever since Daring had proposed seven months ago... but now she was nervous. It was not because she was getting cold feet, or had suddenly changed her mind. No, it was because Ramona was coming to the wedding.

    It had taken the guards a little while to find her, but now Cerise was certain Ramona had gotten the invite. What if she didn't show up? What if she didn't forgive Cerise? Or worse... what if being pushed away and sent to the woods made Ramona go completely rabid.

    Cerise shook her head, there was no use worrying about it now, she would just have to face her problems as they came at her. The soon to be married woman sighed. It was time, she could hear the violinist prepping.

    Mr. Badwolf stepped into the tent in which Cerise was prepping herself.

    "Are you sure you're ready for this?" He asked anxiously.

    "Yes." Cerise turned to look at him.

    "You're not getting cold feet?"

    "Not as much as you are."

    "Heh, I'm just a bit scared to let my little girl go. I know you'll be able to visit often, and that I could come to see you anytime... but I'm gonna miss being able to call you my little girl."

    "Dad, I will always be your little girl, getting married doesn't change that."

    "You're right." Mr. Badwolf sighed. "Welp, everyone's waiting for us, we better get going." He went to link his arm with hers, but Cerise was quicker. She pulled him into a tight hug and smiled brightly.

    "I love you, daddy." As she said this a tear came to Mr. Badwolf's eyes, he never cried... until now. Cerise pulled away and linked her arm in his. Together, they stepped out into the bright sunlight, making their way through the few trees and into the clearing where Daring had first told Cerise he loved her.

    Mr. Badwolf kissed Cerise on the forehead and pulled up her hood. This was it, Cerise was getting married to her true love.