49

I got my own
set of scars to hide
I got my own
imperfections...

__

Bella Shmurda's 'Cash out' blared from the stereo, resonating across the whole building, while Elo screamed to the dialogue-like song, causing everyone to groan in frustration.

"Babe seriously, will you die if you listen to a reasonable song for once?" Nene groaned, a spatula in one hand, turning sliced plantains on a frypan filled with sizzling vegetable oil.

Elo paused with his ear splitting singing skill, glaring at his girlfriend from on top the marble island. "You're listening to a fucking legend babe. I'm offering y'all the streets anthem and y'all are being ungrateful, seriously?"

"Abeg, abeg!" Nene countered, pointing the spatula which she just taken out of the frypan at him. "Kindly take your street anthem outside this house, before I throw you out instead."

"Babe!" Elo yelled in mock despair. "Not you too, thought we were in this together."

"You and who?" She scowled. "Do I look like I need chains."

He pouted, "Not fair. I loved you before your Instagram became pretty."

She smiled sweetly at him, while batting her lashes. "That's because I was and still am, a pretty thang honey. You didnor have a choice."

Jiki and Lara snickered behind him.

He spun around to face them, scowling.  "Y'all can't appreciate and identify good music when you see one. See song weh get vibes like this."

Jiki spared him a concerned glance. Albeit, it reeked of mockery. "You might want to get your boyfriend's brain diagnosed before it's too late." Elo glared daggers at him, but he continued anyway. "Must be a few missing brain screws perhaps. But it's nothing a good psychiatrist can't fix."

"Absolutely!" Nene concurred, much to Elo's horror. "Why didn't I think of it. It's definitely a few missing screws."

"Na, na. It's far from missing brain screws," Lara mocked. "It's definitely, trashymusiococci."

That had them breaking out in breathless laughter.

"Trashymusio- what the hell is that Lara?" Jiki stared up at her, his eyes tearing up from laughing too much.

The quiet girl shrugged, whilst grinning. "Ask El, he's the one suffering from the disease not me."

Elo showed her the finger, a smile too broke from his lips.

"Y'all are annoying I swear." He conceded, not quite interested in dragging the issue any further.

Nene blew him a kiss. "We love you too."

Lara narrowed her eyes at him in slits. "You gave in too soon El, what up?"

He shrugged, giving them a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "Who said I gave in. I'm trying to be the better person."

Jiki let out a mock gasp, his hands placed on his chest. "When have you and better ever been a good mix?"

"Idiot."

That was when they finally took in the due who just walked into the kitchen, with hands glue together.

"Ooh, look what the cat dragged in." Nene cheesed, a mischievous grin dancing in her brown orbs as she took them in.

TJ's eyes took her in her out fit. She rocked a pink, chef attire, while going overboard with a pink chef hat.  "They really handed you the reins to take us to our early graves this pleasant morning?"