43

Anytime I run into
Someone,
It must be a victory lap...

__

"Thanks for helping me out." Chimdi whispered once they were settled in their seats.

A stand-up comedian had everyone wrapped around his fingers, as he made them crack up in fits. Distracting the audience from the tension filled atmosphere, but Chimdi wasn't interested. The silver haired girl and her icy glares were to be thanked for that.

The lean model casted her a friendly smile. "That wasn't help. I'll do same for anyone." His forehead creased with concern. "What's her deal though? She's got so much animosity aimed your way."

Chimdi's body tensed up in seconds. She'd never been one to pour out her feelings to a total stranger, especially one she just met not less than three hours ago. The only people who had managed to see her at her worse, were the ones who inflicted the pain, her one-time shrink and then, there was TJ -- who came in, flipping her heart and world without permission.

The boy sitting before her, with his unique and enchanting features might be just like the rest of the men she dared not to trust -- disgusting males of prey. She'd thanked him for being kind enough and that would be the end of their bonding section.

"I know that look." He dropped, before she could utter another word to him.

Confused, she stared. "Huh?"

"You've got that trust issue look hanging over like a tag." His laugh came out light and friendly. Quite the opposite of the unnerving girl she'd been with minutes ago. "My girlfriend wears hers like a crown too."

Girlfriend?

She didn't know if she should be terrified or relieved at the revelation. She internally shook her head. Either way, none guaranteed her safety and sanity.

"I think you should stay away from me." She blurted out, watching the amused expression on his face morph into a confused one.

"Umm... Why should I?"

Chimdi exhaled. How would she explain something he already knew.

"I don't think your girlfriend will appreciate us talking like buddies, I'm sure one of the numerous cameras here might spot us. Honestly, I don't want to trend falsely again -- for the second time." Her little speech was awarded with a very amused, deep male laughter.

She stared at him, searched for her brain if she made a funny joke or something.

"I don't think I find whatever I just said very amusing, Mister." She scolded, frowning.

"You are one amusing kid, aren't you?" He shook his head, his eyes glinting with tears of amusement. He sobered up when he saw the stoic look on her face. "What makes you think I believe all those crap the press has been spouting?"

She shrugged. "Everyone believes the net these days. It's like the new law or something."

The lean model shook his head, amusement still lurking in his dark orbs. "Everyone is entitled to choose whatever it is they want to believe. I as a rational human, choose my sources before digesting any info. Hell, even Ada who's a little extra doesn't believe that crap."